Radar Cross-Section Operator/Analyst - Competitive Salary - Chichester
The Radar Cross Section (RCS) capability provides a measurement, analysis and advice service to the UK MOD for the radar signature management of platforms and their countermeasures in the Maritime and Air domains.
The purpose of the role is to take part in RCS measurement trials and perform post trial analysis and reporting. During measurement trials the role requires the operation of radar systems, acting as a trials officer aboard the naval platform being measured, or operation of stand-alone equipment to capture platform position and motion data. Post-trial the incumbent will undertake the signature analysis and reporting using a bespoke analysis suite.
- Delivery of RCS measurements in accordance with the trials documentation and tasking. This may require deploying away from the home site, including on-board the platform being measured and operating the carry on-board equipment.
- Undertaking the analysis of RCS measurements and producing customer reports detailing the results of the analysis within the agreed time-scales.
- Complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Actively participating in the effective and efficient operation of the RCS facility including providing support to maintainer / operators as required and proactively working to implement process improvements when identified.
- Supporting the development of an enhanced RCS analysis tool set using MATLAB.
- Supporting the team in undertaking pre and post deployment balloon and kite operations for radar calibrations (in accordance with current CAA permission, the relevant risk assessments and Operating Framework documentation).
- Supporting and undertaking other RCS and antenna measurement activities on the fixed ranges in accordance with the procedures and the tasking.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A first degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Engineering).
- An interest in radar.
- Willingness to undertake radar measurements in the field.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Understanding and experience of using software-programming languages.
- Ability to analyse measurements and report on them in a clear and concise manner.
Excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discount & Dining cards
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?