Rail Operator | Kineton | GB12286
Time to put your specialist skills to good use. We currently have an opportunity for a rail operative to join a growing are of the business.
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage. Team Leidos which includes Kuehne + Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MOD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne + Nagel Aerospace and Defence Business Unit was set up within the UK Contract Logistics Division.
- General Railway Operating Duties - to include Railway Rules, Local Working Instructions & Methods of Work
- Carry out duties of a Railway Shunter - to include coupling/uncoupling of wagons, setting points and checking train formations
- Carry out duties of a Locomotive Driver - to include driving Steelman/Vanguard Locomotives, carrying out driver maintenance checks and checking locomotive equipment
- Carry out Rail Operating duties at other locations UK wide if required.
- Complete Mandatory & Vocational training for the role.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience in railway operations. (desirable), however training will be provided for suitable candidates without railway experience.
- Must be able to pass medical to current Surgeon General's Standard (Mandatory prior to appointment)
- Must be able to pass Drugs and Alcohol screening in accordance with current regulations for Safety Critical posts. (Mandatory prior to appointment)
- Security Clearance (Mandatory prior to appointment)
- Be in possession of Full current UK driving licence.
- Be qualified in First Aid At Work (Post appointment if required).
- Must be conversant with PC operation and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.