Range Technician - Tracking Radar - Isle of South Uist - Competitive Salary
We are looking for an active and capable individual to join the Hebrides Engineering team.
Primarily based at QinetiQ MoD Hebrides Range although part of a business wide capability team, which on occasion may support sites across the UK.
Working in a world class Testing and Trials Evaluation environment, you will provide engineering and systems support to the Range instrumentation systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to pass medicals to enable working at height and also to undertake the Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with Compressed Air-Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS) to enable travel to St Kilda via helicopter.
- The role will involve the maintenance, repair and operation, of a broad range of equipment, underpinned by a qualification in and practical working knowledge of electrical and electronic equipment
- The primary scope of this role is focused on the maintenance and live operation of Tracking Radar systems located on South Uist and St Kilda, which includes a deployable Tracking radar system
- In addition the site operates an array of Air Traffic Management Systems (ATM) including airfield radars, Ground to Air communications systems as well as Marine Surveillance Radars and their associated displays and networks
- We also maintain and operate telemetry and distributed IT systems providing the opportunity for pro-active individuals to gain a working knowledge across a wide range of equipment and systems
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- ONC / HNC or equivalent experience in an electrical and electronic engineering discipline
- An understanding of Tracking radar operation and RF principles.
- Familiarity with Visio and AutoCAD drawing packages.
- Understanding of copper and fibre infrastructure systems.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:
- Career development across a diverse international organisation
- Modern and collaborative working environment
- Pension - up to 10.5 % company contributed
- Flexible working arrangements
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?