Are you a leader within records management? Do you love embedding best practice procedures for records storage and maintenance? Can you help nurture a team of aspiring records management admins? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Record Management Specialist, you will be part of a new team at Metro Bank, who will help the Bank with policy, control, and procedures on records management that comply with regulatory and legal requirements. Reporting to the Data Governance Manager, you will lead a team of admins, and make sure our records management policy is embedded across the Bank, so your colleagues feel confident that they’re fulfilling their regulatory requirements, and can focus on creating fans!
So what will you be doing…
• Responding to all escalated queries relating to record management
• Developing records management strategy across the Bank and advising on new policies
• Championing new ways to help improve how we store and maintain records
• Overseeing record management performance across the Bank and providing performance metrics
• Providing frameworks to guide colleagues on all records management related matters
• Monitoring and testing controls, where records are stored and maintained
• Conducting regular compliance assessments against our current record management policy and standards
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have previous leadership experience within records management, within a highly regulated environment
• To be amazing in this role, we need you to have in-depth knowledge around regulatory requirements such as UK Data Protection Act, GDPR, EU Data Privacy Directives, and PCI-DSS
• We’re looking for someone who is amazing at producing internal data privacy, and privacy risk processes and procedures
• In order to excel in this role, you will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of records management
• We need you to be able to showcase your communication skills and have an analytical approach to solving problems
• It would be wonderful if you have experience working within the financial services sector but this is not essential
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!