JOB TITLE: Recruitment Administrator
SUPERVISION AND CONTROL: HR Manager, HR Support and Workforce Relations /HR Manager, Workforce Planning
PLACE OF WORK: Darby House, Darby Close, Wellingborough
HOURS OF WORK: 37 hours
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the aims of the organisation by providing an administrative support service in a customer facing environment within HR
- Provide information regarding the scope of service of the Workforce Planning team and the recruitment processes to new recruits via phone, email and face-to-face and if necessary direct queries to alternative sources.
- Continued communication with candidates to keep them up-to-date and informed of their stage in the recruitment process.
- Undertake administrative activities including the preparation and processing of all necessary correspondence/documentation relating to recruitment with minimal supervision. Ensure correspondence and enquiries are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner.
- Assist with the provision of personal information to those parties authorised to receive it from manual and computerised record systems, in accordance with Force Policy, Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts/GDPR regulations.
- Undertake tasks and respond to queries in relation to the vacancy panel process to assist in the advertisement of vacancies on the Force’ career page.
- Carry-out Drugs & Biometrics for new police officer recruits as part of pre-employment checks. Ensuring the safe and secure handling of the DNA samples to Forensics.
- Process invoices by creating and receipting Purchase Orders.
- Provide reference documentation, literature and material to support presentations, training and the collation of information packs for customers relative to processes overseen by the unit i.e. promotion activity, deployment, secondments as directed by your line manager.
- Promote Northamptonshire Police by attending Career Fairs and Events.
- Assist with creating and maintaining procedures for all processes relevant for the role.
- Proactively contribute to the communication of information within the team, raising issues and notifying the team of successes in your area of expertise.
- Assist the Recruitment and Workforce Planning Advisors in the ongoing development of efficient and effective administrative processes relative to the unit making recommendations for changes as appropriate
- Qualified to GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent and/or have experience in a post requiring the use of English Language to the above standard.
- Evidence of working in a customer focused environment where the ability to resolve queries and enquiries both face to face and over the phone has been critical to effective service delivery.
- Maintaining accuracy and attention to detail whilst working to strict deadlines in a pressurised and multi-faceted environment.
- Working with minimal supervision making decisions within procedural guidelines as necessary
- Data input and document preparation both statistical and text on windows based packages where attention to detail has been critical.
- Planning, prioritising and organising workloads
- Utilise highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal skills, to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels, influencing and negotiating with others positively, whilst maintaining good working relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrate a level of awareness of diversity issues appropriate to this role.
- Be computer literate, have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate your ability to produce and present statistical information for use by management.
- Worked in an environment requiring an understanding of the meaning of confidentiality and the requirements relating to this. Demonstrate an understanding of the Data Protection and GDPR regulations.
- Have knowledge of Police Regulations and Police Staff Conditions of Service.
Please can you attach a 500 words Supporting Statement to your application on a Word document.
Important: The information and examples provided in the supporting statement is how applicants are marked/scored as to how their examples meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
Please evidence your qualifications, experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and any special request for the role in not more than 500 words.
You will need to give a full, clear, specific and demonstrate examples of how you meet the criteria. Please number your responses to make it clear which criteria you are evidencing.
It is the example you provide in the supporting statement that will determine if you are suitable for the role