What we'll give:
Regional Development Chef - Chartwells
Glasgow / Edinburgh
35k & Travel
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Development Chef responsible for providing culinary support . This support will include delivering special events, training of culinary teams, monitoring and maintenance of culinary standards, monitoring compliance with Compass procedures and systems, sales and retention presentations and support for client functions.
If you are an innovative and creative Executive Chef or Development Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - Apply now! More about the role:
Who you are:
- Working with the development team to create new exciting concepts for the contract
- Working with the Executive Chefs to create and develop training in line with needs and future food trends
- You will work with the Central Chef team to ensure all food service and client requests are dealt with efficiently and with excellent customer service
- To oversee, plan and support food production across the schools to ensure continuous improvement and change is achieved
- Working with the Contract Manager to provide strategy and innovation, and menu planning that enhances client and pupil experience
- Building, training and supporting kitchen teams by developing a robust succession plan
- Maintaining and supporting the delivery of all company Health, Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations
- Holding workshops to support culinary activities, establishing presentation techniques and quality standards across the contract
- To work in partnership with the nutritionist to ensure healthy eating is planned and communicated to the chefs/cooks
Who we are:
- Experience in a similar catering environment
- Food Hygiene Certificate - Level 4
- High standards and quality driven
- Awareness of current and moving food trends in education
- Ability to manage a team
- A can do' attitude
- City & Guilds 706/1 or NVQ equivalent
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team / previous coaching or training experience
- Passionate about food
- Exceptional attention to detail
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.