We are on the hunt for a proven Regional Director/General Manager seeking a new and challenging opportunity to lead and inspire our team at Jockey Club Catering for our South West Region including Cheltenham, Warwick, Wincanton and Exeter Racecourses, part of Levy UK, the Sports & leisure division of Compass Group UK & Ireland.
We host to some spectacular events including the prestigious and world-renowned The Festival Presented by Magners, at Cheltenham Racecourse alongside a year-round calendar of racing, music and conference events across all racecourses.
Jockey Club Catering was formed in 2009 to provide outstanding catering, hospitality and customer service to all of The Jockey Club's racecourses nationwide and has a portfolio of 15 racecourses delivering catering to over 333 race days a year by amazing teams of up to 3,500 employees on an event. Jockey Club Catering and Compass Group is a fantastic place to further develop your career.
- We are offering a competitive salary, bonus, car and additional benefits.
- Working 5 out 7 days a 40 hour week.
- Excellent Employee benefits.
- Opportunity for you to shine and develop within the Compass Group.
The core function of this role is to lead a team in delivering the race-day and non-race-day experiences for the Jockey Club customers. There is a fixed team of circa 40 employees, supported on event days by up to 250 chefs, 250 managers and up to 2,500 front line operational team members. Turnover is c£20million with huge scope and potential, we are looking for an exciting candidate who has the energy and vision to lead the next chapter.
The Ideal Candidate
- Full responsibility for the financial and operational performance of the South-West region. Deliver the agreed KPI's for the business through great leadership, flair and innovation.
- Overseeing client and contractual relationships.
- Driving the offer and service excellence to exceed our customers' expectations
- Developing your team through coaching and mentoring.
- Strong commercial awareness of our competitors and the ability to think outside the box and develop better working systems and new food & beverage concepts and standards.
- Great communicator who can build relationships with our partner teams and throughout the Jockey Club Catering division.
- Utilise your passion for food and drink to assist in improving both partner and customer propositions
- Separate to the racecourse contract, the Cheltenham team has full operational delivery for the Henley Royal Regatta, a 5-day Festival in July, c£2m sales.
About The Company
- Currently in a senior leadership position, multi-site hospitality/ leisure group role responsible for mobilising as well as continuous sales, growth planning and controls.
- Strong financial acumen, proven experience in new site planning, group budgeting and P&L control.
- Understanding of Health and safety, programming & planning in a variety of unique / temporary environments.
- Passionate about food & beverage and proven experience in making decisions that have made the difference.
- An openness and natural ability to motivate and train great teams, building a great internal cultural as well as brand image.
- An individual who can see a vision and commit to something long term, leading autonomously while working closing with our client to deliver their vision.
- Be self-motivated and show the ability to work in a challenging commercial, customer facing environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Standards and quality driven management style and motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery.
- Computer literate.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. So whether you are a future star with big aspirations or an established high performer with a proven track record - there is a development plan for you. If this isn't enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.