Job Title: Regional Director - Environmental Services
Base Location: North Region
Salary up to £90,000 per annum plus attractive benefits including bonus, company car, private medical insurance and a 10% matched pension
We are looking for a Regional Director for our London Region to contribute to the leadership and direction of the Environmental Services Business Unit in line with Citizen Services and UK&E Divisional vision, goals and strategies.You will contribute to to creation of and implement an ES Business Unit strategy for high growth and margin improvement where a focus on client advocacy and innovation is crucial to future success and deliver on our commitments to provide high quality services that create sustainable value for our customers, employees and shareholders.You will be responsible for all aspects of the Environmental Services operation within their region including stakeholder management (client and Serco), safety, risk & compliance, people engagement and financials.
- Typically, >6 contracts
- £50m+ revenue
- 700+ employees
- To contribute as a member of the business unit senior management team (SMT) in the formation of the business unit strategies and plans.
- To lead and engage in the development of a network of senior relationships with customers, potential customers, partners and stakeholders in order to anticipate and meet customer's existing and future needs and enhance Serco's reputation.
- To provide leadership to the Business Unit contracts such that all employees are fully engaged with and adopt business strategy/plans and values so that the plans are successfully delivered, and our people behave internally and in the communities in which we operate.
- Develop innovative products and services that can be integrated with others from across the business to meet the needs of our chosen and emerging markets.
- To ensure a business development strategy is in place and deliver the growth aspirations of the contracts in line with the commitment to the Business Unit and divisional targets.
What you'll need to do the role
- Highly developed knowledge across all business functions (I.e. finance, business development, HR and communications).
- Experience of proactively engaging customers to improve relationships for the long-term and continue to drive value.
- Experience of leading and motivating teams.
- Experience of managing and improving the financial performance of the business
- Skilled in transformational leadership with track record of delivering change in complex and demanding environments
- Exceptional leadership qualities with evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and key business stakeholders.
- Highly impactful, articulate, strong relationship builder with the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to assimilate information quickly and communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid decision making.
- Sound strategic thinker with the ability to operate with a hands-on, pragmatic approach when required
- Strongly values led individual with excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Self-aware yet highly resilient individual capable of challenging and being challenged
Meaningful and vital work: As part of a highly collaborative team, you'll be able to strongly influence the Business Unit's efforts that help us to deliver to our contracts.
A world of opportunity: Working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, your next opportunity and challenge won't be hard to find.
Great people: You'll find yourself working with a variety of highly motivated, supportive and experienced colleagues, where no two days are the same.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary up to £90,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme up to 30%
- Car Allowance - £5,860 per annum
- 10% Leadership Pension
- Partner Private Medical Cover
- Bi-Annual Exec Health Screening
- x2 Base salary Life Insurance
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).