Regional Executive Head Chef,
South West Region, Jockey Club Catering.
Up to £60,000 - Depending On Experience
We are on the hunt for a proven Regional Executive Head Chef or volume event experienced Executive Head Chef seeking a new and challenging opportunity to lead and inspire our culinary team at Jockey Club Catering for our South West Region including Cheltenham, Warwick, Wincanton and Exeter Racecourses, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland.
We host some spectacular events including the prestigious and world-renowned The Festival Presented by Magners, at Cheltenham Racecourse alongside a year-round calendar of racing, music and conference events across all racecourses.
Jockey Club Catering was formed in 2009 to provide outstanding catering, hospitality and customer service to all of The Jockey Club's racecourses nationwide and has a portfolio of 15 racecourses delivering catering to over 333 race days a year by amazing teams of up to 3,500 employees on an event. Jockey Club Catering and Compass Group is a fantastic place to further develop your career.
We provide amazing food, create inviting spaces, and develop engaging environments that inspire, motivate and unite our customers. If you are innovative and creative, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients and outstanding food - we want to hear from you! Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Stong leader with great experiences in managing large chef brigades as well as leading recruitment for new chefs and championing team development.
- Leading large scale events with up to 10,000 covers a day.
- Cooking great food and innovating on new trends and menus. Ensuring we are ahead of the curve and a market leader in the catering and events sector.
- Plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients in mind at all times.
- Safeguard Relationships and valued stakeholders and partners - JCR Brand & Chez Roux Restaurants.
- Financial and Budgetary Controls - govern unit food costs and ensure budget food costs are controlled and financially achieved.
- H&S Food Safety - ensured policies are followed, updated and delivered. FIR - Allergens, FSMS, Core Signatures, Silver standard and EHO Visits.
- Support our wider JCC Culinary Operations team during our major events and festivals.
- Purchasing Compliance - using FBOL, The Source, D1D2/D1D3.
- Strong commercial awareness of our competitors and the ability to think outside the box and develop better working systems and new food concepts and standards
- Be a great communicator and build relationships with peers other heads of functions and 3rd parties.
About The Company
- Experience as a regional or senior Executive Head chef ,multi-site hospitality / leisure group role responsible for mobilising as well as continuous food planning, preparation and controls
- Understanding of facilities, health and safety and planning green field catering facilities in a variety of unique environments
- Standards and quality driven management style and motivated by a passion for great quality food, fresh ingredients and excellent service delivery
- The ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills and motivate and develop all levels of chefs
- Skilled at building a great internal culture as well as brand image
- An individual who can see a vision and can commit to something long term, leading autonomously while working closely with our management team and client to deliver their vision.
- Be self-motivated and accomplished in working in a challenging and busy environment
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Excellent computer literacy, including excel, word and power point
At Jockey Club Catering we offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. So whether you are a future star with big aspirations or an established high performer with a proven track record - there is a development plan for you. If this isn't enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.