Sodexo Government and Agencies segment have an excellent opportunity for an experienced facilities manager to join our team supporting a national government contract.
You will be required to look after sites in the North West of England so the ability to travel easily to these sites is essential.
You will have the overall accountability and responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control of all contract activity within the above region and you will lead, develop, manage and motivate a high performing team, ensuring the client receives services of the highest quality.
The Ideal Candidate
- To actively promote and maintain a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture within designated contractual region
- Responsibility for management of regional Profit and Loss (P&L) account
- Lead, develop, manage and motivate a high performing team to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality
- Manage the onsite client and Sodexo services and teams to deliver the agreed SLA and standards.
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area
- Ensure that statutory requirements and company policies and procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Build long-term relationships with local customers and client representatives that add value and are based on mutual trust
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems, processes and services
- Support the business development and regional management teams to identifying opportunities with other clients to maximise profit and growth
About The Company
- Previous experience of operational management in a similar environment
- People management experience
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of word, Excel and Outlook
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environmentExperienced in using Microsoft Office
- IOSH managing safely Qualification
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.