Regional Finance Business Partner
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £60,000 + bonus + car allowance + benefits
The key purpose of a Business Partner is to support Serco business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth for services. The Business Partner is responsible for providing dedicated, commercial and financial decision support aligned to strategic and customer priorities, to win good business and improve shareholder value. The Business Partner will work with the business to challenge assumptions, influence decisions and make recommendations for efficiency improvements in order to sustain growth.
- Act as a trusted, visible and accessible point of contact to business leaders; providing commercial and financial decision support; challenge and insight into business profitability to drive future performance.
- Understand the customer landscape and their drivers to provide contract / service pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
- Accountable for the accuracy of financial records, compliance, business financial plans and forecasts that are produced by the Centre of Excellence.
- Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
- Support the portfolio strategy through market, competitor and portfolio analysis, and inform market entry and exit decisions.
- Provide challenge and decision support for new business, drawing upon the Pricing and Deal Architecture and Legal teams, as appropriate.
- Develop customer relationships to successfully contribute to commercial and financial negotiations regarding variable revenue, rebids and change notices.
- Support business leaders to deliver contractual obligations through identification of over and under delivery, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations.
- Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
- Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial risks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders through the sharing of knowledge and collaboration.
- Champion working as part of a virtual team with the business, Centre of Excellence and Group Finance to embed and sustain the Finance Operating Model.
What you need to do the job
- Must hold an appropriate professional qualification for the role (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or a relevant non-accounting based qualification (e.g. an applicable MBA).
- Be a current member of a relevant professional body (where applicable)
- Awareness of Serco's strategy being commercially minded and customer focused.
- Track record of collaborating with business leaders in a complex business environment.
- Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business within their scope of responsibility.
- Evidence of ability to influence, negotiate, listen to and resolve conflicts with KEY decision makers.
- Ability to highlight problems, offer innovative and practical solutions, and drive through their execution.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as a strong understanding of the relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
- Translate business requirements into open, honest and transparent insight to solve business challenges.
- Ability to interpret and deal with incomplete data; and the capability to exercise judgement where there is ambiguity
- Evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of building trust with a team; allowing direct conversations and not sanitising messages.
- Experience of having worked successfully in a virtual team.
- Demonstrates diligence, integrity and personal gravitas.
- Adaptable, energetic and a continuous learner.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).