We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Free meals
- Free on-site gym
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
Regional Manager - North
Up to £42000 per annum
Founded in New York 59 years ago, Restaurant Associates brings high quality employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK's leading workplaces. We believe in the power of food and drink to bring people together, whether in a restaurant or speciality café, to inspire them to do great things at work.
Our food is crafted onsite by passionate people using the best ingredients and we know that a balanced, plant focused, natural, fresh and sustainable menu will increase the productivity of our customers and keep them motivated and happy whilst at work.
We provide amazing food, create inviting spaces, and develop engaging environments that inspire, motivate and unite our customers.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Regional Manager to join one of our corporate accounts. The main purpose of the Regional Manager role is to assist the Regional Operations Manager in leading the management team to deliver all catering operations across our Client's sites across the UK
As a Regional Manager, you will be supporting your managers and teams onsite by getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities, you will be drawn to satisfaction from managing and training your team. The Regional Manager will support their team in providing a professional service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
- You will monitor, control financial performance and maintain costs within the budgeted targets, making sure all ordering and stock are within budget.
- Management of multiple sites within your area.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisations.
- To ensure that the Company and Client standards are met as well as financial targets, administration, compliance and reporting procedures are carried out.
- Monitor and support your team, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets and achievements.
- Develop and evolve all client's services at locations, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
- Comply with Company and statutory policies and procedures and regulations
- Deputise for Regional Operations Manager
Our Ideal Regional Manager
- 2+ Years experience at a senior level as a Area / Regional manager leading and inspiring operational teams to deliver results
- Previous multi-site contract catering background - including the P&L
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships essential
- Ability to drive and retain business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable success as a credible and confident influencer
- The ability to quickly build a trusted relationship with stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Teams
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Able to quickly build credibility with key stakeholders
Here's an idea of what your shift patterns will be: Variable shifts
Restaurant Associates provides brilliant hospitality through our food, drink and services. We work with our partners and collaborate with our clients to achieve great things together. Every day, our teams of passionate hospitality professionals strive for excellence in delivering employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK's leading workplace as well as inspiring exceptional experiences in iconic cultural and heritage destinations.
Job Reference: com/1901/97999001/52617137/SU
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!