About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced SCADA Engineer to provide System & ICA support to our 24/7 operational water & wastewater remotely monitored treatment and pumping sites across the whole Thames Water area.
This role is providing a critical maintenance service and technical expertise for our internal customers in Operation, System Control, and Capital Project Delivery
The variety and diversity of the different systems that are used to monito and manage critical operational data at Thames Water means that no two days are the same, requiring technical fault-finding skills to resolve a variety of problems.
Using your analytical skills you will fault find and problem solve appropriate technology. Providing performance reporting, regulatory compliance and systems reliability work on all aspects of Thames Water Regional SCADA estate. You will provide input to the capital projects at various stages through the project lifecycle, with emphasis on the delivery stage, ensuring that changes to the operational systems are risk mitigated and efficiently delivered. You will help develop solutions, processes & procedures to improve our essential services.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Provide technical support for the Thames Water ClearSCADA application and supporting systems to ensure 99.98% availability.
- Be integrated within the Operational Technology support team with responsibility for the reliability and continuity of the Regional SCADA systems.
- Lead and coordinate the Operational Technology Change Management and Risk Assessment procedure to minimise the impact of change on operational systems.
- Maintain the RTU estate software and configuration standards to support the operational business.
- Provide technical support into the development and maintenance of the OT strategy standards and procedures.
- Provide 24/7 Out of Hours emergency support and fault rectification for the Organisational Management Control room.
- Identify and escalate operational risks.
- Deliver Regional SCADA systems updates and upgrades.
- Develop and deliver solutions for new or modified customer requests.
- Provide asset, alarm and event data reports.
- Implement security improvements to the Regional Systems.
- Undertake system health check and technology template maintenance and support.
What’s in it for you?
- HNC or Degree in Electrical, Control etc with at least 3 years in a specialist area of SCADA & ICA.
- Self-motivated and keen to provide the best possible service to minimal cost.
- ClearSCADA subject matter expert.
- Confident to be able to articulate and represent Operations as the technical champion for the Regional systems.
- Very good technical knowledge of SCADA, ICA, keeping up with current best industry practice.
- Excellent IT skills MS office and email, knowledge extended programming within SCADA and MS applications.
- Extensive knowledge of W/LANs IP Comms.
This role covers our waste and water clean water remotely monitored treatment sites, pumping stations and network. You would be part of a Regional SCADA support team of 6, and a wider 45+ strong Operational Technology department within Thames Water. The role will be based at a TW operational site close to home, and travel to sites across the region is expected if there is an operational issues that can’t be resolved remotely.
Our competitive salary package includes a car allowance, excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames WaterAbout us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.