New Vacancy- Registered Care Manager- Birmingham
£29,985.64 Salary Per Annum
37.5 hours per/ week
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Registered Care Home Manager to manage our 6-bed learning, Physical disabilities and Mental Health customer-based home in Kings Heath, Individual who can demonstrate a reliable and flexible approach to people with learning disabilities. Having the confidence to handle complex behaviours that sometimes maybe deemed challenging.
You will need to flexible as this role will require working evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
The role is permanent opportunity covering a variety of shifts been a mixture of hours to include weekends and bank holidays and may change depending on service requirement.
We are looking for confident, positive, and enthusiastic Manager to support adults with learning disabilities and other complex needs in all aspects of daily living. Your focus will be to help your customers lead a happy and fulfilled life, whilst promoting independence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a high level of quality support to customers, ensuring each service is safe, effective, caring, and always responsive to the customer's needs
- Manage and monitor staff of the area's homes and services, ensuring effective utilisation of resources to enable the provision of good quality, safe and effective services.
- To ensure that all statutory, regulatory and company Policy requirements are monitored, managed, and achieved.
- To ensure that the assessment process of new customers is carried out promptly and effectively, by appropriate team members, ensuring the effective completion of their placement and transition and that the required liaison with commissioners, staff, and others is completed.
- To participate in events, meetings etc., where the intention is to publicise the organisation, and to support the marketing of available services.
- Encourage innovative practices and approaches throughout the organisation, working with senior management, and other managers to identify areas of diversification that may provide value to the organisation, and those who use our services.
The successful Manager will:
- Positive, pleasant, and approachable attitudes
- Empowering others to become stronger and more confident in controlling their lives
- Minimum of four years' experience within the learning disability sector
- Relevant professional qualification / accredited vocational qualification or working towards Level 4 manager's award
- Have proven experience of management and supervision of service budget and activities of budget holders.
- An understanding of/and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Knowledge and first-hand experience of current Health & Social Care legislation, and relevant legislation
- Ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CQC Compliance standards
- Able to work unsociable hours
- Opportunity to complete Health and Social care qualification on successful completion of your probation period.
- On-going training and development.
- A range of staff benefit schemes
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport which will be verified to check your eligibility to work and live in the UK. The successful applicant will need to have had COVID vaccinations.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and barring service (DBS).