RELATIONSHIP ENGAGEMENT OFFICER BRISTOL AND SOUTH WEST
- Job Reference: 00043912-1
- Date Posted: 7 September 2020
- Employer: RAF Association
- Location: RAF Association
- Salary: £34,440 to £36,250
- Bonus/Benefits: 36 days annual leave, company pension
- Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy, Charity
- Job Type: Full Time
RELATIONSHIP ENGAGEMENT OFFICER (REO) BRISTOL AND SOUTH WEST AREA
Salary: £34,440 - £36,250 pa
Full Time 37.5hours a week with flexible working location (home and designated area)
Requirement to attend HQ in Leicester for meetings and training as required
The Royal Air Forces Association has an exciting opportunity for a high calibre graduate with a good understanding of the Royal Air Force (RAF) and the wider military charity sector. This is a high profile, public-facing and customer-driven role to promote the aims and objectives of the Association. The REO will be able to evidence a comprehensive understanding of charity, retail hospitality and leisure legislation, in addition to planning and executing engagement campaigns with Chief Executives of Local Authorities (LA), Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Associations (RFCAs), Station Commanders of RAF Stations, Business and Industry, to raise the profile of the Association and promote all aspects of its work. The REO role is very much at centre stage in the public domain and the successful candidate will quickly need to demonstrate the ability to establish trust, respect and credibility with all of the principal stakeholders in the public, private and charitable sectors. The post holder will be able to direct and guide the Association’s branch and branch club officers and committee members to create independence and resilience by developing their understanding of management, membership and governance responsibilities.
Requirements of the post holder include:
• Branch Engagement – providing guidance, advice and support to Branches to:
• Maintain and increase the sustainability and viability of branches.
• Connect branches with serving personnel, Armed Forces Champions and business leaders through the delivery of polished presentations on RAF Stations, Veteran Forums and business events.
• Increase the number of Ordinary and Associate members.
• Monitor, track and report branch and club annual reporting requirements as per charity legislation and Association governance.
• Station Engagement:
• Present a very professional, knowledgeable and capable image of the Association across Station stakeholder groups.
• Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with RAF Station Executives to promote the work of the Association, and communicate current messages for defined outcomes.
• Direct support at Station Families Days, with RAF Association Liaison Officers (RAFALOs) and local branches, to seek maximum recruitment opportunities with serving RAF personnel and their families and increase awareness of the Association.
• Support the Branch Membership Operations and Plans Team with events such as Association Conferences, public recruitment drives, Battle of Britain Week, Remembrance, Armed Forces Day and specific Association flagship/commemorative events etc.
• Wider Engagement:
• Promote the work and ethos of the Association through engagement within the wider charity sector, local authorities, veterans groups, RFCAs and the business community.
• Undertake professional representation of the Association with devolved administrations in parts of the UK, where applicable.
Requirements of Post Holder include:
• Qualified to Level 5, foundation degree or equivalent in management, leadership, sales or marketing
• Significant experience of relationship management or customer-based account management.
• Significant experience of identifying risk and undertaking risk assessments.
• Refined analytical skills to interpret business plans and annual accounts.
• Significant ability in embracing and driving change in pursuit of excellence.
• Highly developed communication skills as a presenter in an ambassadorial role.
• Ability to explain governance and financial matters to those with little or no knowledge.
• A clean driving licence and previous experience of driving small commercial vehicles with the ability to tow is an essential requirement for this role.
Communication and Relationships
• Manage relationships with branches and branch clubs to provide guidance about governance, club and gaming licencing, property management, employment, health and safety, financial management, and ceremonial matters.
• Manage representative engagement at Chief Executive level (Station Executive level).
• Manage relationships with all stakeholders in a professional manner to achieve highly successful outcomes for the Association.
• Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate a variety of membership engagement plans to sustain and grow membership.
• Demonstrate a commitment to your own development, by taking advantage of education and training opportunities with the RAF Association.
Benefits of the RAF Association
• Competitive salary with 36 days annual leave and various staff benefits
• Access to company vehicle for carrying out work duties for this role
• Flexible working requests will be considered
** Please note that we do not accept CVs for this position
Want to know more? Then please contact our friendly HR team on 0116 464 5044 who will be happy to have a chat and send you further information. Alternatively the job description and application form are available to download on our website www.rafa.org.uk. To apply, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note important dates below
Closing Date 8am Friday 2nd October
Interview Date Mid October – date to be confirmed
All initial first stage interviews will take place via video call on Microsoft Teams