Join us as a Release Train Manager
- Joining a fast paced and Agile environment, you'll be facilitating the planning, timing and execution of our delivery roadmaps and pipelines
- With no two days the same, you'll have the chance to be a true servant leader and help ensure consistent Agile delivery
- Leading our Bereavements technology team in India, you'll enjoy regular engagements with key stakeholders as well as the opportunity to build your network across the bank
- This is a key role to take forward the right solutions in an area of Retail Banking that is core to our Purpose and strategy
What you'll do
As Release Train Manager, you’ll partner with the Customer Journey Manager to shape the design of journey solutions and drive forward the required deliverables. You'll develop and maintain the release train, including preparing and reviewing the release and environment strategy. This will require you to understand the vision, plans, and interdependencies of a wide range of teams, and bring them into alignment so that our portfolio and domain pipelines are synchronised.
It’s a highly collaborative role that will see you coordinating with product owners, domain and platform leads and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and delivery alignment. You’ll also encourage collaboration across teams, value streams, domains and centres of excellence, making sure they have a clear understanding of how their work helps the customer.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Driving continuous improvement through Agile coaching, inspect and adapt workshops, and assessing alternative delivery approaches
- Using Agile tools and techniques to manage and optimise the rate at which our programmes deliver business value
- Building and communicating release calendars and iterative planning cycles, coordinating with other release train managers across domains
- Facilitating and fostering the preparation of release and sprint visions, goals and work pipelines and facilitating pre and post planning meetings
- Assisting with the execution and delivery of business outcomes, features and capabilities by reporting, escalating and tracking impediments
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll have an expert understanding of running complex projects spanning multiple scrum and non-scrum teams. You’ll have strong stakeholder management skills, as well as the ability to influence both business and technical partners.
We'll also look for you to demonstrate:
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with scaled Agile and P3M tools and methodologies spanning value stream, portfolio, programme and team levels
- The ability to prioritise and sequence tasks that are to be delivered by feature teams
- Strong servant leadership capabilities