Join us as a Release Train Manager
- Joining a fast paced and Agile environment, you'll be facilitating the planning, timing and execution of our delivery roadmaps and pipelines, within and across domain platforms
- You'll be joining the Home Buying & Ownership domain in an exciting transformation of the mortgage journey, in the API Distribution & Pricing team
- In this exciting role, you'll enjoy regular engagements with key stakeholders as well as the opportunity to build your network across the bank
What you'll do
As Release Train Manager, you’ll be developing and maintaining the release train. You’ll be managing and optimising the flow of business value delivery of programmes using Agile tools and techniques.
It’s a highly collaborative role that will see you coordinating with product owners, domain and platform leads and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and delivery alignment. You’ll also encourage collaboration across teams, value streams, domains and centres of excellence, making sure they have a clear understanding of how their work helps the customer.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Driving the technical scrum teams to achieve business outcomes in a fast paced environment
- Driving continuous improvement across delivery via various channels, improving or removing manual steps and enhancing the deployment and management phases of the development lifecycle
- Building and communicating release calendars and iterative planning cycles, synchronising with other release train managers across domains
- Assisting with the execution and delivery of business outcomes, features and capabilities by reporting, escalating and tracking impediments
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll have an expert understanding of running complex projects spanning multiple scrum and non-scrum teams. You’ll have strong stakeholder management skills, as well as the ability to influence both business and technical partners.
You'll be highly skilled in visualising initiative status and strategic thinking in PowerPoint and Confluence using diagrams and roadmaps. And you'll be able to present and articulate complex initiatives to a diverse audience including stakeholders and third parties.
We'll also look for you to demonstrate:
- Experience of unblocking daily and systemic blockers, and outside of the box thinking to resolve issue to allow the team to work at pace
- Experience working in end-to-end technology programmes, ideally with a technical background and an understanding of API and microservice technologies
- Experience as a PI planner and in hosting large events
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with scaled Agile and P3M tools and methodologies spanning value stream, portfolio, programme and team levels
- The ability to prioritise and sequence tasks that are to be delivered by feature teams
- Strong servant leadership capabilities