Join us as a Release Train Manager
- This is a unique opportunity to join a fast paced and Agile team, responsible for aligning the vision, planning, and interdependencies of many teams by providing cross-team or domain synchronisation of the portfolio delivery and domain pipeline
- With no two days the same, you'll have the chance to be a true servant leader and help ensure consistent Agile delivery at scale
- In this exciting role, you'll enjoy regular engagements with key stakeholders as well as the opportunity to build your network across the bank
What you'll do
In this key role, you’ll be developing and maintaining the release train. This will include the preparation and review of the release and environment strategy, involving plans and estimation, and management of interdependencies. With your vital leadership, you’ll provide cross-team synchronisation, making sure everyone has a clear understanding of how their work helps our customers.
You’ll lead on continuous improvement across delivery via various channels, including improving or removing manual steps, and we’ll look to you to demonstrably improve release train agility and value to end state customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing deployment and management phases of the development lifecycle, including through Agile coaching and active contribution to release and environment best practice
- Facilitating and fostering the preparation of release and sprint vision, goals and work pipelines and facilitating pre and post planning meetings
- Building and communicating release calendars and iterative planning cycles and synchronising with other release train managers across domains
- Aggregating the programme release objectives into value streams release objectives where they exist and publishing them for visibility and transparency
- Assisting with the economic decision-making by facilitating estimation by teams and the roll up to programme and portfolio levels
The skills you'll need
To make an impact in this role, you'll need substantial project management and servant leadership experience across multiple scrum and non-scrum teams. You'll also bring expert knowledge of scaled Agile and P3M tools and methodologies, and proficiency in Jira and Lean Kit quality management.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- A proven ability to prioritise and sequence tasks for feature teams to deliver
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills