Join us as a Release Train Manager
- Joining a fast paced and Agile environment, you'll be facilitating the planning, timing and execution of our delivery roadmaps and pipelines, within and across domain platforms
- With no two days the same, you'll have the chance to be a true servant leader and help ensure consistent Agile delivery
- In this exciting role, you'll enjoy regular engagements with key stakeholders as well as the opportunity to build your network across the bank
What you'll do
As Release Train Manager, you’ll be developing and maintaining the release train. You’ll be managing and optimising the flow of business value delivery of programmes using Agile tools and techniques.
It’s a highly collaborative role that will see you coordinating with product owners, domain and platform leads and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and delivery alignment. You’ll also encourage collaboration across teams, value streams, domains and centres of excellence, making sure they have a clear understanding of how their work helps the customer.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Driving continuous improvement across delivery via various channels, improving or removing manual steps and enhancing the deployment and management phases of the development lifecycle
- Building and communicating release calendars and iterative planning cycles, synchronising with other release train managers across domains
- Assisting with the execution and delivery of business outcomes, features and capabilities by reporting, escalating and tracking impediments
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll have an expert understanding of running complex projects spanning multiple scrum and non-scrum teams. You’ll have strong stakeholder management skills, as well as the ability to influence both business and technical partners.
We'll also look for you to demonstrate:
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with scaled Agile and P3M tools and methodologies spanning value stream, portfolio, programme and team levels
- The ability to prioritise and sequence tasks that are to be delivered by feature teams
- Strong servant leadership capabilities
- Detailed knowledge of fund management data both structured and unstructured data used by depositaries and how this aligns to services provided by a depositary
- Broad understanding of the regulation and business rules that need be complied with or undertaken by a depositary
- Knowledge and experience in Data Governance