Job title: Reporting & Analytics Analyst
Base location: UK Flexible
The Serco Business Service - Reporting & Analytics (SBS-R&A) team are responsible for the delivery of insightful data analysis and reporting across our shared service function. Using our corporate BI platform (SAP BW/SAP Analytics Cloud), and Microsoft Azure (Synapse & Power BI), we develop enterprise wide reporting and analysis to help inform strategic decision making across HR, IT, Fleet, Finance, and Procurement functions.
As the Reporting & Analytics Analysts, you will play a critical role the day to day development and delivery of data analysis and reports required by the business. You'll need to be technologically savvy, and be able to learn and use new systems and processes quickly, understanding the impact of source systems on the reporting and analytical/BI solutions.
Working across the various services (IT, Fleet, Procurement, Finance, and People), you will work through the end to end cycle of requirements gathering, report development, to analysing and interpreting the reports to highlight insights for our customers.
In return we can offer a supportive and collaborative environment that respects work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of vital public services in the UK.
What you'll need to do the role
- Knowledge and experience of development within business intelligence platforms and tools such as PowerBI, SAP Analytics Cloud, Business Objects, etc.
- Strong data analysis, data visualisation and presentation skills.
- Data manipulation skills, including ability to extract, transform, and analyse multiple large data sets using BI tools.
- Ability to problem solve, break down complex issues and develop solutions based on findings in the data.
- Able to simply communicate complex issues, processes, and data to a non-technical audience.
- High customer focus with commercial awareness and a drive to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail and self-starter attitude
- Experience of using SAP HCM, Fleet Services Management, SAP FI, or ServiceNow is advantageous but not essential.
Meaningful and vital work: As part of a highly collaborative team, you'll be able to strongly influence the direction of our solution team's efforts that help us to deliver to our 500+ contracts.
A world of opportunity: Working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, your next opportunity and challenge won't be hard to find.
Great people: You'll find yourself working with a variety of highly motivated, supportive and experienced colleagues, where no two days are the same.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.