Requirements and Acceptance - Lead Systems Engineer
Available Locations: Bristol, Farnborough, Salisbury
QinetiQ's Air and Space business provides its customers with a suite of services which includes thought leadership, applied research, practical demonstrations, research facilities and project support. We provide Advice, Test & Evaluation services including independent assurance and evaluation against certification and design standards, practical tests on the ground and in flight, and advice on safety and airworthiness.
We are looking to recruit a Requirements and Acceptance Systems Engineer to define and map requirements to solution measurement activities, compile a body of evidence that gives the customer confidence to accept new capability into service, and resolve shortfalls. The role can be based at our Farnborough, Salisbury or Bristol site and you will join QinetiQ's rapidly growing systems engineering discipline.
- Providing projects with a requirement and acceptance service within agreed performance, cost and time parameters.
- Applying the systems engineering approach and principles to define the requirement and develop a technical solution.
- Planning and delivering measurement and acceptance activity, collating and presenting evidence to show that the solution is safe, delivers the required capability, and satisfies the contractual requirement.
- Identifying risks to project delivery.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the requirements and acceptance service that we provide.
- Understanding and applying the relevant regulatory, safety and technical standards, in order to integrate compliance activity with technical delivery.
We are looking to speak with Systems Engineering who have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, ideally within a defence environment; with up to date knowledge of engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools. Additional competencies include:
- Use of DOORS for requirements management and acceptance evidence.
- Demonstrate a consultative approach to decompose complex issues in a methodical manner and produce effective solutions.
- Confident communicator, able to work with senior MOD customers and work with multiple stakeholder groups and industry partners.
- Substantial analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Recognise the bigger picture and apply sound judgement to situations.
- Model based systems engineering (MBSE) and object-oriented systems engineering (Desirable)
- Be a self-motivated team player capable of working with minimum direction.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply today with your CV and a brief cover letter and we will be in contact.