We're the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we're the UK and Ireland's No.1 catering and support services provider.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Manager to join the Compass Group team at Darent Valley Hospital where you will be delivering fantastic quality of service in our Staff and Visitor restaurant.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced Manager to lead a motivated, well-trained team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable unit and ensure all budget targets and KPI's are not just achieved but exceeded.
As a Unit Manager for our Wellspring Restaurant, you will be responsible for your team, ensuring you achieve and exceed sales targets whilst providing an excellent customer service experience. What we'll give:
- £25,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- 5 out of 7, earliest start 6.30am and latest finish 8pm
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
More about the role:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
On a day-to-day basis our restaurant Manager will plan, organise and control the busy catering operation ensuring a successful and efficient service is provided to staff and visitors within the hospital.
Who you are:
- Be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the restaurant to ensure great quality, consistent food and beverage services across the business
- Ensure that the service provided to the busy hospital is first class through training and motivating the team who work to strict compliance led regulations.
- Engage with your customers to understand performance and satisfaction levels, dealing quickly and professionally with concerns or complaints.
- Be responsible for the management, recruitment, development, and training of team members.
- Deliver on the agreed financial budget and run commercially in line with net income and cost targets.
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise your performance as well as the teams. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service.
This position is a great next step' for an established candidate having previous experience within a management capacity in a restaurant environment. You will be a person who is motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery and can get your head around the financial aspects of running the operation easily. Reporting to the Catering Manager, you will have the support to deliver this vital service to the hospital.
You will have:
Who we are:
- Great organisational skills and proven leadership ability.
- Exceptional people skills, both customer facing and with other members of the team.
- An ability to work calmly under pressure and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Strict adherence to company and health and safety procedures.
- Good IT skills
- Level 3 food safety qualification
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.