We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Restaurant Manager with a passion for food, exceptional skill set with high end industry experience to lead and manage and motivate your team to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
You will be working onsite at an exclusive and historic venue which requires a committed Restaurant Manager to deliver exceptionally high standards of service, and you will work within a strong team to provide a smooth and professional catering and event service. More about the role:
We are looking for a passionate Restaurant Manager to join us to oversee the full operation and manage a team of driven individuals.
Who you are:
- Coordinate daily Front of House and Back of House restaurant operations
- There is a Day Visitor restaurant, B&B breakfast and also a Restaurant for Fine dining. You needs to be versatile and able to change working methods throughout your day.
- Proven experience of running high volume restaurant catering.
- Due to the venue only being closed for a few hours per day, challenge is to find a person that can work within the business and clients' needs
- Needs to be strong in time management and proactive in consumer demands and market trends
- Proven experience of planning & running functions / weddings / events
- Ability to identify sales opportunities and exploit them
- Ability to manage a profit and loss account - this is not a cost plus business.
- Comfortable with finances.
- Ability to motivate a team and develop training plans as required.
- Able to work efficiently with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communicator as they will work closely with the client and need to motivate the team.
- Deliver superior service and maximise customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage restaurant's good image and suggest ways to improve it.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices to ensure development within the team.
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant.
Who we are:
- Previous restaurant/employee dining/retail management experience
- Food Safety Level 2
- Proven ability to understand GP
- Proactive, enthusiastic and hands on approach
- Shows drive, tenacity and resilience to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate great organisational skills in a high volume and demanding environment
- A passion for food and creativity
- Strong management, development and HR skills
- Attention to detail and ability to set high standards
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - We believe that great food and excellent service has the power to transform business success.
At RA we offer a distinctive experience for our clients because of our Associates' attention to the smallest detail, our relationships with the most talented consultant chefs and by sharing the very latest trends and ideas and we proudly boast the best chef, service, recipes and suppliers in the industry.
Our pillars are; brand, people, food, service with innovation underpinning everything we do in all areas of our business.
We are passionate about the power of great food and service on business and its ability to inspire, connect and empower people.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.