As our Restaurant Operations Manager you will manage and lead the Restaurant team on site, including set up, service & cleaning, the end result will be an exceptional service offering and a fantastic customer experience.
In addition you will ensure standards are maintained to a high standard, and team performance tracked. You will also be responsible for ensuring all areas comply with Health & Safety and Food Safety standards.
Reporting to our Food and Beverage Manager , you will manage the restaurant which caters for 450+ covers and be directly responsible for a team of 2 supervisors and 20+ staff. What we'll give:
Restaurant Operations Manager
- £12.02 per hour, 40 hours per week
- Free Parking
- Discounted leisure membership
- Meals provide whilst on shift
- Discounts on accommodation at our venues
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
Yarnfield Park is a leading training venue, conference centre and religious retreat venue in the heart of the UK. We support small, large and international companies to meet their training and conference needs. Yarnfield Park provides an ideal environment for learning with the flexibility of over 32 conference rooms and national training facilities, extensive accommodation, natural light, ventilation and fresh, tasty food options.
Great things happen when people get together in our spaces to meet and spaces to sleep at Yarnfield Park. From conferences, meetings, training, and every business event in between our venue provides an informal atmosphere where you and our guests can be themselves.
We combine our spaces with a bigger family. Yarnfield Park is part of The Venues Collection a division of Levy UK & Ireland, the market leader in contract catering and hospitality services. More about the role:
Who you are:
- To support the operational requirements on site in delivering the restaurant service to an exceptional standard to all guests
- To manage the restaurant function including setup, service, cleaning and liaising with the F&B Manager to ensure the restaurant is adequately resourced
- Working efficiently to maintain high standards and increase customer retention for the business but must remain operating within budget requirements
- To act as the Duty Manager, as and when required
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient running of the site during your period of duty, with particular attention to services during peak times and ensuring customer and client needs are met
- Planning, organising and monitoring the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
- To ensure restaurant services are setup in accordance with SOPs and in a timely manner
- Monitor and manage stock levels to ensure sufficient produce is available
- Site security to be maintained at all times and stock storage areas are secure
- Assist with meet and greets in the absence of the Conference Operations Manager, ensuring they are informed of all housekeeping requirements, including security, fire procedure, etc.
- Remain vigilant and challenge any suspicious persons on site.
- All standards to be maintained as per company SOPs
- Supervise restaurant team and assist during busy periods
- Cleaning schedules and procedures to be adhered to and spot checking as and when necessary
- Maintain excellent communication with management and team
You will be an enterprising individual, a natural leader who thrives at influencing and persuading others. Detail-oriented and organised, and like working in a structured environment.
Who we are:
- Able to problem solve
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Part of Compass Levy UK&I, we are a grouping of seven easily accessible event spaces with hotel-like residential and leisure facilities, which all sit under the brand name The Venues Collection. Located across the UK, our venues all feature stylish and individual event spaces, including both contemporary and historic meeting areas.
Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.
Every day, our teams of passionate hospitality professionals strive for excellence in delivering employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK's leading workplace as well as inspiring exceptional experiences in iconic cultural and heritage destinations.
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.