As one of our Retail Assistants, you'll be the face of our business, delivering a consistently great experience to our customers.
You'll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Retail Assistant. After all, who doesn't dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends?
- Customer Service
- Re-stocking of products
- Front of house services
- General support with the running of a contract or unit in line with contractual requirements.
Most people don't choose to be at a hospital, which is why we strive to provide the best experience for our customers who we serve on a daily basis. We currently have an opportunity for a Customer Services Assistant to join our team within a busy hospital environment, within our M and S franchise partnership. What we'll give:
- £9.65 per hour
- 5 hours per week
- Various shifts / hours available
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
More about the role:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
Could you bring your spark to Healthcare? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
Who you are:
- Serving customers, ensuring they receive an easy and seamless personalised experience
- Being knowledgeable and helping customers with natural service
- Representing Healthcare and maintaining a positive brand image
- Handling cash and operating the cash register
- Complying with Food Handling and Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a Retail Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Who we are:
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/1807/85661001/52412917/MED #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.