ExCel is the UK's leading convention and exhibition centre. We cater for over 300 events per year, meeting a hugely diverse range of requirements. From a fine dining experience for thousands of delegates, to an on-the-go lunch for an exhibitor team, we operate on all scales with outstanding care in every service area. Our business is growing and we have added new and exciting possibilities every day through our partnership with our client, event organisers and exhibitors.
Last year we completed a major project where we opened 2 new restaurants and refurbished and rebranded new food to go' offerings alongside delivering a great mix of retail in-hall' catering solutions. Job Description
- Up to £30,000 based on experience
- 5 out of 7 days yet flexibility is required
- Great opportunity for a passionate and motivated Retail professional
We are now looking for a Retail Manager who is used to high volumes in Food Retail within a fast paced environment to support the Senior Retail Operations Manager in overseeing our Food Retail offer. As Retail Manager your focus will vary depending on the day and event and could therefore oversee our restaurants, outlets or in hall offer which is bespoke to a client's request. You will need to be enthusiastic and passionate, demonstrating strong attention to detail whilst also being innovative and able to offer ideas and solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
- To support the Retail team and inspire them to deliver exceptional service to our clients and guests through the Levy Difference.
- To support and lead the Retail staff and managers to ensure operational excellence and efficiency at all times aiming to exceed the client and guest expectations.
- To review the Retail business and performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets and customer feedback targets of 90%.
- To support the Retail team in continual development of the business using new products, service techniques and other efficiencies.
- To demonstrate full alignment to our Levy Restaurants vision and values by doing the right things and celebrating successes.
- Living the Levy Difference in everything we do.
- Lead the day to day Retail operation for event days.
- Lead the setup and clear down on non-event days
About The Company
- Retail Management experience to inspire operational teams to deliver results
- Confidently able to manage a mixed portfolio of outlets across both event catering and fixed units.
- Multi-site / outlet management ideal
- Positive and passionate focus on food.
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results.
- Experience in fast paced food outlets.
- Excellent communications skills - able to influence all stakeholder levels.
- Experience of working with a client group.
- Demonstrates flexibility and agility.
- Calm and structured approach, coupled with resilience and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.