Retail Manager - Maidstone Kent
Competitive Salary - Full Time
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. We celebrate great food and legendary service across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Retail Manager to manage a highly trained team to deliver a profitable and effective Retail department that comprises of 1 daytime restaurant and a core of 9 seasonal kiosks, As the Retail Manager you will deliver great service in line within all company policies, procedures and guidelines to exceeds client, customer and Compass objectives in order to drive net growth and improve customer retention. More about the role:
As the Retail Manager you will be responsible for the following areas:
Who you are:
- Meet the client's vision and goals across the business
- Work closing with the Deputy General Manager and Senior C&E and Restaurant Manager.
- Hold daily briefings with team to engage them on key messages and encourage discussion
- To ensure a 5* service is always delivered
- Compile rotas in line with budget and business needs, making sure that we are not over or under staffed.
- Action plans are completed following customer feedback/ mystery shopper survey
- Training, develop and upskill the team with focus on our bespoke guest experience programme SHINE
- Look at how innovation, including the use of technology can enhance our offer and service.
- Look for new trends within the market that can be introduced at Leeds Castle to develop our offering
- Seek opportunities to exceed customer and client expectations and increase the turnover
- Oversee all outlets, including the efficient supervision of the breakfast & lunchtime restaurant service
- Delivery of sales budget
- Look at up-selling opportunities
- Day to day management of the ordering process and stock control
- Work alongside chef to ensure implementation of onsite production cycles
Who we are:
- Operational experience in a restaurant or catering environment
- A team player and able to support the team in the daily operation as and when required
- The ability to be equally proactive and reactive when required using a business mindset to consider all possible outcomes using business base thought processes
- A basic knowledge of P&L that you want to build upon for your own personal development
- Experience managing multiple outlets
- Eye for detail
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills to both management, team members and customers.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Flexible working hours including weekends, bank holidays occasional evenings
- The ability to thrive and strive in a fast paced, ever changing dynamic environment
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.