ABOUT US Here at West Sussex County Council, what we do changes lives. We are there when people are born and care for them in later life; along the way we support them in every step.
That might be in our schools, through our social care services, supporting and growing the economy in a sustainable way, providing libraries, saving lives with our Fire and Rescue service, providing Trading Standards, maintaining highways and much more.
We aim to be a forward thinking, progressive organisation, with a highly motivated and dedicated team of people who are passionate about delivering valued services and making a positive difference to the lives of our residents.
Salary: £28,785 - £31,371 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: 37 hours per week, flexible working available
Location: County Hall, Chichester
Application closing date: 19th April 2020
Interview date: 27th April 2020
As a Risk Analyst you will work closely with the WSCC intelligence and performance team in order to identify, analyse and evaluate information to provide a safer environment for all.
Working in a select team you will analyse data in order to aid decision making and set proactive objectives to achieve goals. As the post holder you will be responsible to both designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative information to present findings and trends to a range of stakeholders.
As a vital member you will need to use your initiative and work independently to ensure service needs are being met this will involve assisting in developing plans and using your analysis to support decisions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* You will need sufficient experience of fire service operations and various levels.
* You will be able to demonstrate practical experience in analysing and interpreting a range of high complex information.
* You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have experience in presenting to a variety of audiences. Including Maintaining effective lines of communication and building strong working relationships
* You will be highly computer literate and have the ability or organise, prioritise and plan your own workload accordingly.
* 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
* Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
* A range of flexible working options
* Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
* Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
* A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform
* Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
* A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives
HOW TO APPLY Please click on the 'Apply for job' button at the bottom of the page in order to submit your application. We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the very best of luck.