Join us as a Risk & Controls Analyst in Controls Assurance
- If you’re looking for a new challenge, where you can play a key role in preventing potential risks to our customers, this could be the ideal role for you
- You’ll support, and work in partnership with the first line of defence and businesses in applying effective risk management, and anticipating and assessing the potential impacts of risk across the bank
- By liaising closely with a range of stakeholders, you’ll have an opportunity to raise your profile across the bank, while maintaining a strong focus on your personal development
What you'll do
You’ll support with the delivery of risk management initiatives that support the effective application of the operational risk framework and conduct risk obligations, with an opportunity to improve the understanding and effective management of risk across the organisation.
We’ll look to you to support the business in managing the risks which exist, making sure mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined risk appetite, working in conjunction with the second line of defence.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Monitoring and supporting the interrogation and analysis of relevant management information, supporting effective risk management on the part of your stakeholders
- Contributing to the development of guidance notes and training material and content, up-skilling the broader first line of defence function and businesses
- Supporting management in facilitating regular stakeholder meetings and key forums through the preparation and issuing of supporting paperwork and assessing regulatory impacts
- Building and maintaining trusted working partnerships across the organisation and franchises, to inform and gather intelligence on emerging and future risks and controls
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need an understanding of how a large financial services organisation operates and bring experience of working in a first or second line of defence risk role. An ICA, ACAMS or equivalent professional certification would be an advantage.
You’ll also bring:
- A clear track record of achievement and delivery
- An awareness of risk assessment and scenario analysis methodologies
- An understanding of operational risk management
- Strong analytical thinking skills, as well as attention to details
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to influence at all levels