Join us as a Risk & Controls Associate
- Joining our global Risk & Controls team, you'll collaborate with your colleagues to provide oversight, challenge and reporting of material risks
- You'll be well placed to grow your network as you partner with diverse teams across the bank to ensure clarity of our control environment position
- It’s a broad and challenging role where you'll have the opportunity to develop a breadth and depth of knowledge while you also gain a unique insight into the diverse operational areas of our organisation
- There will be an expectation to be in the Manchester office at least twice per month
What you'll do
As a Risk & Control Associate, you’ll work in close partnership with our teams to monitor, assess, report and analyse the risks, controls, trends and governance processes that exist in their respective business area.
Day-to-day, you’ll proactively manage various first line of defence risk and control activities, acting as a bridge between the business, our regional control teams and colleagues from our second line of defence and striving to achieve the right balance of assisting and challenging these teams to make sure operational risk is proactively managed.
- Review and enhance the control framework to manage the risks within the unit, with constant engagement with colleagues and line management
- Manage the risk issue and event management process along with the related reporting and MI
- Complete and submit control deliverables like regulation, credit and capital submission, risk review dashboard, environmental control framework certification and assurance testing
- Make sure the business continuity plan is fit for purpose and evaluate the team’s recovery capacity through testing the plan
- Asses the effectiveness of existing SOX controls, risk and control assurance controls and knowledge gaps through assurance testing
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with exposure to risk and control activities and demonstrable experience of collating and using large data sets to uncover insights and enable data-driven decision making.
A background in investment banking is preferred, but broader financial services experience will also be considered.
You'll also need:
- To be adaptable and able to work at pace while managing multiple deliveries
- Experience of preparing reports, analysing inputs and presenting to senior colleagues
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing or engaging with stakeholders of varying seniority
- Great communication skills, along with the ability to adapt your language and style to suit your audience