Roke is a world-class technology company delivering products, research, engineering, consultancy and managed-services directly to customers across the globe. Market coverage includes Defence, National Security and Industry.
Delighting customers is paramount, as is the generation of revenue and profit in a safe and sustainable way. Underpinning the needs of the customer and the needs of the business is an enduring requirement to uphold consistently high-levels of delivery confidence; core to this is the application of repeatable delivery processes, the identification and mitigation of risks and issues, the exploitation of opportunities, and keeping tight controls around schedule, cost, quality and contract.
The Risk Manager will own the BU Risk Management procedures and work closely with delivery professional and the Defence Leadership team to efficiently and effectively manage risks and issues across the business to drive excellence. Performance will be directly linked to KPIPrimary Job Purpose
- Increase our ability to make informed decisions across the BU, projects and programmes through the consideration of risk
- Raise the competence of risk and issue management across the Business Unit
- Ensure the BU Risk Management subsystem is adequately maintained and applied.
- Reduce the effort associated with risk management through the application of appropriate tools and techniques
- Reduce the burden on Project Managers within key projects by managing and maintaining these risks and issues.
- Provide confidence to decision makers that the level of risk and risk allocation in a project is commensurate with the size of the contract.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Key responsibilities include:
- Own the Risk Management procedures for the BU updating them on a regular basis
- Provide guidance, training and coaching on risk management tools and techniques
- Lead risk management activities and produce Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependency (RAID) logs within the constraints of the bid and wider portfolio
- Support project managers planning bids to ensure they are correctly applying risk management tools and techniques
- Support project delivery by maintaining RAID logs on key projects and ensuring they inform decision making
- Maintain BU Risk Registers making sure owners update them ahead of regular meetings
- Always fully complying with Roke’s published policies & procedures
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
Keeping everybody safe and protecting the environment is paramount; this role requires active management of all identified Health, Safety & Environmental risks linked to delivery in accordance with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures.Education and Qualifications
- Appropriate Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM, PMI, Prince2)
- Risk Management qualification (e.g. MoR)
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Will either be APM PMQ qualified or equivalent or be actively pursuing qualification.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a risk manager in a technical/engineering environment – ideally including product development
- Experience of writing and maintaining risk management procedures
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and experience of facilitating risk management workshops
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC as a minimum and in some cases DV clearance may be required. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.