We are looking for a pair of experienced Roofers to join our busy Repairs team. We offer excellent employment benefits in addition to a competitive salary, including agile working, generous leave allowance, and training and welfare support. If you have other strings to your bow that we could use, you may be entitled to an additional multiskilling allowance.
You will need to be self-motivated and hardworking as you'll working closely with your colleagues in Repairs and collaboratively with other departments in the organisation. You will carry out all roofing repairs, maintenance and installation tasks, including:
- Repairing and replacing roof tiles and coverings
- Repointing roof ridges and hips
- Repairing and repointing chimney stacks and pots
- Erecting roof edge protection
- Renew and repair mineral felt to garages and shed roofs
- Carrying out minor building works such as rendering, joinery and brickwork.
As part of this role, you may need to mentor an apprentice, volunteer or work experience placement.
Craig Dalton is our Repairs Manager, so if you fancy a chat to find out about all the great work our Roofers do, why not give him a call on 07881 860086.
We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy. Closing date for applications is Monday 25 October 2021.
Who is Beyond Housing?
Our story began in 2018 and we’d like you to be part of our future. With over 700 colleagues forming the Beyond Housing family, we cover 411 square miles with more than 15,000 homes, serving 30,000 customers. Our mission is simple; to provide homes customers want, services they value, delivered by people who care. We want to help our customers and communities to succeed and thrive. Considerate, collaborative, ambitious and accountable – that’s just our way of life.
Our offices are more than just the space we work in. We encourage inspiration, creativity and productivity in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We’re looking for people who are travelling in the same direction when it comes to the way we work, live our values and deliver our services. Our reward and recognition offer is pretty impressive too!
We have ambitious plans for further growth and impact, and we need the right people to take this leap with us. It may be challenging at times, but you can be assured that it is going to be rewarding and inspiring. After all, we are changing lives, every day, in all that we do.
Our values and extremely important to us and we want all our colleagues to really live our values everyday, we are looking for candidates who show they have the skills to do the role and are aligned to our values.
At Beyond Housing, we are committed to ensuring that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment and selection processes and are not discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Why choose us?
The team here at Beyond Housing genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers. We think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Beyond Housing, and that’s why our benefits package shows Beyond Housing genuinely cares about its teams too.
Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
So here goes:
- Flexible working patterns to suit your commitments
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Impressive salaries with incremental pay increases for most colleagues
- Competitive pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Life assurance to look after your loved ones
- Health plan
- A much needed caffeine boost with free tea and coffee (and cordial for when you’re feeling parched)
- Cycle to work scheme (if you’ve got the legs for it)
- Annual cost of living pay rise
- Agile working – to give you that positive work life balance.
- Rather not work the normal 9 - 5? If you have a working pattern that you would prefer, please discuss this with us and we might be able to support.