Room Service Demi Chef
- Job Reference: HOT07P8Y
- Date Posted: 28 July 2022
- Employer: Hilton
- Website: http://jobs.hilton.com
- Location: London, England
- Salary: £26,500
- Bonus/Benefits: £26,500 plus service charge
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Full Time
Your chance to join our accolade winning team in the heart of Mayfair!
Podium Restaurant & Bar as well as CC Bar are located on the ground floor, adjacent to the hotel lobby. Podium Restaurant & Bar is the main hotel restaurant offering, breakfast, all-day dining and our award winning Chocoholic Afternoon tea. CC Bar is a Champagne Bar and private event space for up to 35 guests.
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Salary - £26,500 plus service charge
• Service charge
• Free meals on duty
• Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Pension scheme
• Discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Free uniforms
• Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
• Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
A Room Service Demi Chef is responsible for running the room service kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing staff and controlling food costs.
What will I be doing?
As a Room Service Demi Chef, you are responsible for running the room service kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Room Service Chef will also be required to plan manage staff and control food costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Manage the room service kitchen
• Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organised and motivated team
• Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
• Managing customer relations when necessary
• Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rotas
• Support brand standards through the training and assessment of your team
• Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
What are we looking for?
A Room Service Demi Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Approaches food in a creative way
• Strong supervisory skills
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Excellent planning and organising skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Relevant qualifications for role
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
• Immediate start
• We’ll respond within two weeks if you’ve been successful with your application
• You’ll be invited for a trial shift
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)