Position: Sales Administrator
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Estimating
Milbank is a well-established, leading supplier of high quality Precast Concrete Floors, Stairs and bespoke products within the UK. Milbank specialises in various sectors within the construction industry including advice, design, manufacture and installation.
- To monitor, action and control the Estimating Inbox.
- To load all new enquiries onto our bespoke 4P software so that the Estimators can price accordingly.
- To ensure that all orders are processed correctly (accurately comparing the quote with the order), liaising with the Surveying Team to ensure that any issues are resolved quickly with the Sales & Estimating Team.
- To liaise with customers where relevant and required to obtain missing information or answer customer queries.
- The preparation of O&M Manuals in line with customer requirements.
- Completion of customer Supplier Questionnaires when requested.
- To ensure that 4P is used consistently and correctly within the department.
- To provide Reception cover when our main receptionist is absent/lunch breaks.
- To perform other duties that relate to the department or corporate strategy as reasonably requested by the Sales Manager or Group Sales & Marketing Director.
- A diligent, detailed-focused and organised person is essential to the success of the role.
- The ability to act in a professional manner when communicating either orally or written with colleagues, customers’ and associated parties.
- To demonstrate and maintain a positive “can-do” problem-solving approach.
- Confidence with the ability to positively influence colleagues across the business departments.
- Task-oriented individuals will be suited to this position.
- Proven experience in a Sales Administrator role, ideally in Construction, but not essential.
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking ability.
- A confident and professional telephone manner is essential.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and methodical approach to providing an exceptional customer experience. A strong level of computer literacy is essential including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs.
A competitive salary (dependant on experience) is on offer with a wide range of additional benefits.
As a company we offer an impressive performance-based yearly bonus scheme, with 50% paid in December and 50% in March. We offer 23 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
The role is predominantly based at our Earls Colne office with the potential for remote working during to COVID-19. Due to the location of our offices, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that the Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit - in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of the Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Gold Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £21,000.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place