Sales and Events Executive
As a Sales and Events Executive you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion to increase and enhance sales at Knebworth House.
You'll be working as part of our fantastic sales team, and ensuring all customers needs are met and their expectations are exceeded! Job Description
Sales and Events Executive
- Up to £25,000, 40 hours per week
- Based in Knebworth House, SG1 2AX
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
The role is to work as part of an established team to drive conference, banqueting and wedding sales to achieve the annual targets for the venue. The sales and event executive will process enquiries for the venue from enquiry stage through to the day of the event, ensuring all enquiry handling, sales administration and co-ordination is accomplished effectively, accurately and in a timely manner. You will proactively sell the venue using various sales techniques and will work as part of the regional sales team to increase and enhance revenues as well as meet and exceed customer expectations. The highest standards of customer service are essential and you will be required to actively seek client feedback and sales leads at every opportunity. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they can multi-task effectively, be enthusiastic, passionate, driven, positive and offer a polite, friendly and personal service. More about the role:
The successful Sales and Events Executive will undertake the following duties:
Who you are:
- Promptly respond to all incoming sales enquiries (telephone, fax, letter, e-mail) and obtain bookings wherever possible, offering Site visits.
- Communicate with clients by phone and in writing in respect of arrangements for all functions.
- Ensure that every customer is given a polite, friendly and personal service, and be able to turn any negative customer experiences into positive ones.
- Acknowledge and act upon individual customer needs whilst observing the standards and confirm an achievable plan for delivery by liaison with the operations team.
Who we are:
- Excellent written ability
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisation skills
- An ability to sell a product / package.
- Willing to learn
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
At RA Venues, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne's in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at the River Cottage at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.