We're building thriving communities as one of the UK's largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that's truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
To sell both market sale and shared ownership homes to meet or exceed quarterly sales targets, while creating very satisfied customers.
To work with the Marketing team to generate new prospects, visitors and reservations.
To progress reservations to exchange and legal completion, in accordance with the required timescales.
To ensure high levels of presentation, brand promotion and customer service to create a positive experience throughout the customer journey.
This role is part of Orbit Homes where you'll help us to build 6,500 new affordable homes by 2025 in a sustainable way.
What you'll achieve
- To accurately report activity from leads, including source of enquiry, visitors, viewings, re-visits through to reservation on all company reports and procedures.
- To progress reservations through the contract progression stages, particularly liaising with customers, mortgage advisors and customers solicitors. To ensure that a minimum of weekly contract chasing is conducted and reported
- To achieve or exceed exchanges targets, with legal completions in line with the targeted build dates (fixed or on notice)
- To be an expert on the product, specification, incentives, buying schemes and home buying process in order to effectively demonstrate these to the customer
- To ensure that affordability assessments are completed and authorised when selling shared ownership properties
- To handover homes to customers in a professional, efficient and welcoming manner to leave the customer with a positive experience of purchasing an Orbit Home
- To liaise with external estate agents, if used, including weekly update calls regarding leads, viewings and sales progression
What you'll bring
- A clear, effective and professional communicator, with a calm, patient approach to dealing with customers
- Self-motivated, positive and proactive, with the ability to work on own initiative
- A confident approach with the ability to build rapport with customers and contribute to team activities, meetings and discussions
- Flexible approach to working, either based on one development or across various developments, depending on current business need
- Full time Sales Consultants are required to work at weekends and Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas and New Year)
- Full driving licence and ownership of a car is essential
- Ideally, having previous new homes sales experience and a proven track record
- Ideally, having the knowledge and ability to progress sales from initial contact to legal completion
- Experience in dealing with customers, solicitors, IFAs and contractors
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here's what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you're a student, graduate or experienced professional we'll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We're proud to make a difference to people together. We're values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.