The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the “Caley”, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh’s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle. Its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our General Manager presenting the hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gj0GqSanUA&t=35s
How will you enjoy your day at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of guest service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
As a Team Member for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
To support the Proactive Sales team, responding to RFP's, Support rate loading, SIP and WWW Collation & Audit. Collation of Key Reports and data requests organization of Fam visits, owner’s reports Key projects and Initiatives supporting all sales Blitz’s i.e. IWOS Just ask & GWOS. Provide research for key prospect and leads to all RUKI hotels as required
• Update Wish Walk as appropriate & provide Reporting
• Management and tracking of supplier invoices
• Daily Consortia tracking on OnQ SM
• Weekly reporting internally and regionally, e.g. Hotelligence
• Support with Sales teams expenses
• Submit corporate rates, load SRP’s and submit amendments through OnqSM as directed by the team and within the deadlines set out
• Do regular corporate rate checks to ensure they are loaded and bookable
• Complete month end or Weekly reports
• Prepare presentation packs for key stakeholders, owners and customers
• Complete contracting on behalf of team as required
• Look after all Systems as appropriate and become proficient in the use of these systems including the following - ONQ PM, ONQ PMS, R&I Delphi & Delphi FDC, Lanyon or any other relevant system
• Assist with submission of SIP targets and tracking & auditing results
• Creating spreadsheets
• Collation of responses from both internal and external colleagues
• To provide accurate, up to date information to appropriate internal contacts, responding to requests in a timely manner.
• To maintain accurate Sales Team data, preparing and presenting reports to agreed deadlines.
• Organisation, alongside Sales team, of specific events hosted by the Sales team (FAM trips, sales blitzes, customer engagement).
• Liaising with both external and internal customers
• Creating Invites, tracking of RSVP’s
• Prospect for new leads using smart technology, online tools like Linkedin Sales Navigator.
• Research & deliver market intelligence & new business updates using Google Alerts.
• Deliver new contacts through telesales activity using qualified databases.
• Run daily prospecting reports from Delphi FDC.
• Secure customer site visits and customer appointments for the sales team.
• Build a network of contacts from existing and new business contacts using social media channels.
• Support key prospecting projects identified by the sales team.
• Take part in conversion days and join the sales team in support of focused sales activity weeks.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Strong team player
• Results orientated and target driven
• Possess excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrates excellent analytical skills
• Commercial acumen
• Demonstrates a proven track record of achievement
• Excellent telephone manner and the confidence to control calls to achieve maximum results
• Ability to influence others and successfully negotiate to achieve the desired result
• Commitment to customer service
• Self-motivated with energy, drive and enthusiasm
• Problem solving skills, a lateral thinker, creative
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to customers at all levels, and willing to ‘travel that extra mile’ to achieve a sale
• Good geography knowledge of the UK and overseas
• Ability to respond quickly and positively to changing requirements and business needs
• Ability to work under pressure and complete work to the required standard within the deadlines agreed
• Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of Word
• GCSE (or equivalent) certificate (minimum requirement)
• Some clerical/administrative experience or similar
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Benefits of joining Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Sales Coordinator
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Working within the commercial team after the successful completion of probation we are able to offer you the flexibility of working a 4 day working week every second week.
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries. You can also extend discounted room rates to your Family & Friends
• 50% Food & Beverage discount in our hotel’s outlets
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover
• Personal membership to Hilton Marketplace (Perks at Works) offering a wide range of retail discounts, including cinema tickets, supermarket discounts and many more
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of magnificent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and to giving you the opportunity to work with our fantastic Managers, who can coach and develop you in achieving your personal goals in your future hospitality career.
We are open to confidential conversations with candidates about the role as part of the application and recruitment process. Please mention this in your CV/ covering letter when applying online if this is something you would like.