We currently have an opportunity to join the team at Kents Hill Park Accommodation based in Milton Keynes. You will work closely with the General Manager to ensure the financial targets of the venue are produced and make recommendations where necessary. You will work on securing new business for the venue from market & customer research working in conjunction with the Group Sales team on any opportunities that might exist for Kents Hill. Job Description
More about the role:
- Competitive Salary
- Working 5 out of 7
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Ensure the sales team are consistently supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service in the lead up and during the events process.
- Recruit, train and develop new sales team members
- Positively approach all sales opportunities to maximise sales and revenue by yielding the business to achieve the Venue's overall sales plan.
- Ensure that all sales disciplines and procedures are trained and followed to develop the business.
- Responsible for developing a sales culture for the venue, acting as the sales ambassador demonstrating expertise and motivation.
- To lead the sales team where needed to respond to any customer enquiry within the guidelines set by the hotel. Be the visible Sales Leader for the venue.
- To exercise efficient diary management order to manage the yield within the conference office.
- Produce statistical information as required including weekly forecasting, cancelled, denied or refused business & monthly business review packs.
- Run monthly conversion days setting targets for the on-property Sales Team and reporting the outcome.
- Oversee the event invoicing process, ensuring all conference bills are produced correctly and in a timely manner.
You will have a passion for sales and demonstrable experience of delivering a first-class customer service. You will be an effective communicator with the ability to confidently liaise with clients, venues and internal colleagues. With previous experience of leading a team, you will enjoy a challenge, possess diplomacy and being able to think on your feet. Experience within Hotel & Account management skills is preferable. Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Venues Collection, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, are a unique collection of eight mid-range venues. We bring people together, offering them spaces to meet, spaces to sleep and spaces to celebrate. From large scale conferences, small meetings, team building and every business trip in- between to weddings, family get together and weekends away with friends and loved one. Whatever guests need we have space for it.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.