SAP Service Lead
Here at Babcock International, we're seeking a SAP Service Lead to play a critical role in the SAP (Neptune) Management Services organisation and who will be responsible for the SAP service and release management to meet the business needs of Babcock cross-divisional processes.
The purpose of the role is to be:
- Responsible for all areas of the SAP (Neptune) service management, ensuring the service delivers the agreed levels;
- Work with the SAP (Neptune) team and the service desk teams to deliver the support service across all SAP Applications;
- Work with the Head of SAP Applications and the SAP Service Assurance Lead to define, create and implement the SAP Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operation, Continual Service Improvement and Reporting;
- Work with the business leads, service desk and key stakeholders to ensure the service delivers to the agreed levels;
- Ensure the function provides an appropriate response level in resolving SAP production environment issues and promoting change requests/continuous improvements;
- Work with the team to manage, approve, control and transition all SAP Incidents, Requests, Changes and project transport releases into Production.
- Ensure all Changes, Project or Programme deliveries are successfully transitioned into the IT and SAP Support team.
- Managing the required support activities of a SAP Support team
- Responsible for all aspects of the SAP Applications (Neptune) support service
- Work with the SAP Service Architects, SAP Technical, Solution Leads and Functional Support teams, to ensure the service is delivered to the agreed levels
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of the SAP Service Design, Strategy, Transition and Reporting
- Managing 3rd party suppliers, as applicable, and coordinates regular service review meetings to ensure SLA's are being met
- Ensuring all SAP incidents and requests are effectively triaged and resolved to agreed service levels
- Part of the approval team to ensure all SAP Transports are delivered, released to the agreed process.
We would also like you to
- Ensure root causes and where applicable preventative actions are taken to reduce incidents numbers
- Establish a SAP Support function which implements best practice SAP support and change control processes.
- Create and deliver of an agreed set of Service Reports and Dashboards. Including a monthly Service Level Report for all SAP Applications
- Work with the Service Assurance Lead to deliver SAP service review meetings with the business and ensure delivery of accurate Service Management reports / dashboards
- Be part of the SAP Change Review Board ensure all changes are approved, reported, monitored, transitioned and delivered to agreed plans
- Work with the technical/platform and functional support team ensuring all SAP systems are monitored, managed efficiently, are resilient and a DR / BCP solution/procedure is in place and tested annually to deliver the agreed availability, RPO and RTO levels
What do I need to do the role?
- The role requires an individual with a solid background in coordinating support teams combined with good SAP, technical, communication and influencing skills
- High level of knowledge and experience in working in an IT service management environment using ITIL framework
- Experience of running a global SAP service model
- Experience working in an environment where negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills are required
- Experienced in delivering SAP service management to a global customer base
- Technically proficient in supporting SAP ECC6, SAP Ariba and SuccessFactors solutions
- Previous experience of Service Management with cloud services, SuccessFactors, Ariba and Hybris
- Experience in working with SAP Basis, Security, Development, Integration and Functional teams
- Experience of working cross-culturally and cross-functionally, and ability to adapt personal style to different environments
- Ability to define and implement new processes and ways of working, and manage the change process to embed them into the organisation
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Experience of using Service Management systems (Remedy) and service reporting