Here at Serco we are looking for an SAP Support Analyst to join our ICT SAP Team in Hertford as part of our Local Government Partnership with Hertfordshire County Council. Under this local government partnership, Serco is responsible for delivering a range of front and back office operations. This includes information, communications and technology services, finance, payroll, HR and support services such as facilities management, customer contact centres and social care.
Reporting to the SAP Lead, you will work on project delivery and provide 3rd line SAP support expertise in delivering SAP IT services to its end-client, embracing both on-Premise and latest SAP Cloud technologies. Naturally confident, you will be able to liaise successfully with all stakeholders including end users, senior management and 3rd party vendors. It is important that you can get the best out of practices and processes and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. An appetite and curiosity for learning new skills is essential for this role.
This is a fixed term role until March 2021.
What you'll need to do the role
We are looking for a candidate who has proven experience in SAP Human Capital Management . You will be joining an experienced team providing 3rd line technical support across SAP HCM (SAP ECC 6.0 HCM, SAP Portal), SAP Finance, SRM, SAP Concur and SAP SuccessFactors. Root cause analysis of issues to a deep technical level is an important pre-requisite for all applicants. Proven hands-on experience in providing technical support for UK payroll including, end to end cycles, payments and deductions, knowledge of UK statuary requirements, PAYE, National Insurance, Pensions etc. is essential. If you have the required experience and knowledge in any of the following areas we'd love to hear from you:
- Experience in support and implementation of SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5 HCM or higher
- SAP SuccessFactors / SAP Concur
- SAP development - ABAP, UI5 etc.
- SAP Identity Management - on-premise and Cloud
- SAP Integration - APIs, Web Services, SAP Cloud Platform CPI
- SAP Finance / SAP SRM 7.0
- Meaningful and vital work: We understand the importance of local services for Citizens
- A world of opportunity: Our Local Government Partnerships is always developing, and as part of the Infrastructure Team at Hertford you'll be able to contribute to and be a part of this.
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and up to 6% contributory pension scheme;
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- We offer flexible/agile working environments and the chance to buy annual leave as part of the Annual Leave Purchase Scheme;
- The chance to make a positive difference to the citizens of Hertfordshire in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
We have a mandate to deliver brilliantly. If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).