We are looking for hardworking candidates for the SCADA Engineer position! The role will handle work with utilities client in the UK on long-term programmes to modernise legacy SCADA systems and migrate from traditional SCADA architecture to Cloud-based SCADA systems.
This is an opportunity to handle and lead Provide return on experience to the team and Client as required.person will be handling and leading, at a technical level, implementation tasks in large scale projects involving SCADA and IoT/IIoT field device interfaces.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Working as part of the Atos Operational Technology team on customer projects in interpreting customer technical specifications to feed into solution design, deliverables prioritisation (including security requirements) and submittals related to SCADA/Telemetry/IoT technology
- Acquire understanding of the customer’s business needs, technologies, key applications and SCADA, Telemetry and IoT solutions.
- Define and implement end to end SCADA solutions – design, configuration, testing and commissioning in compliance with Atos CTO standards and strategy and industrial standards particularly to Low-Level Design, and commissioning.
- Provide return on experience to the team and Client as required.
- Be a trusted player for the Operational Technology (OT) customer team, Networks and Security team.
- Generate project closeout documentation, manuals and troubleshooting guides as well as end user support tools (for in-service management)
- Communicate efficiently with customers, vendors, and field technicians for on-site commissioning and installation support.
Skills we’d like:
- Proven track record with at least 3 year experience working with SCADA or similar process supervision technologies
- General OT knowledge (ICS/SCADA/ Purdue Model)
- Experience in systems migration projects.
- Knowledge in Cloud-based systems
- Understanding considerations and appreciation of the advantages in transitioning from traditional SCADA architecture to Cloud-based SCADA systems
- Understanding of data transfer to and from SCADA systems to IoT data hubs, learning engines and cloud platforms
- Understanding of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, communications means (LoRaWAN, NB-IoT, …), cloud data repository and management systems
- Understanding the need for human factors considerations in designing and implementing Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Knowledge of how field device (PLC, RTU, IoT…) relay information to and from SCADA network via communications protocols for industrial devices like Modbus or Ethernet/IP
- Knowledge of Edge concepts and distributed architectures.
- Ability to travel to client sites throughout the country.
Nice to have:
- BSc or MSc University degree in the field of Process Control, Electronics, I&C, computer science, or a related field (available also for graduates) is an advantage.
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a phenomenal range of benefits. These include: an exciting salary, 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive partner pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What’s more, we really value your progress and it’s a top priority to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
How to apply
Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.