Job title: Scheduler 9724
Location: Bristol/Malvern/Farnborough, GB Company: QinetiQ
About the role
Are you a Scheduler looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to work on a range of simple and complex projects? This hands on role will focus on scheduling competencies and stake holder engagement within a wider PMO team. With an adaptive working model, you'll be able to be based at one of our main offices at either Bristol, Farnborough or Malvern and you'll have flexibility in working from home.
You'll have the opportunity to get your teeth stuck into large, highly complex projects with frequent change, delivering high value scheduling. You'll be engaging with senior stakeholders and programme managers as well as working within simple projects with a much quicker turn-around. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced and ever changing environment on multiple projects across various areas of the business.
The full benefits package includes - Basic Salary, Overtime, Training & Development including Authorised Person Courses, Pension, 25 days Annual Leave, Yearly Bonus, share incentive plan, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts, etc.
What do I need?
You'll need experience in some of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years' experience within scheduling
- Proven ability to work successfully within project constraints.
- Experience employing critical path analysis and earned value management
- A good team player
- Strength of character and an agile mind-set, comfortable at working in a dynamic situation
- A team player capable of delivering support and training to junior members of staff, to mentor or work in a collaborative way.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum. Please visit the UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: Guidance for Applicants via the GOV.UK website.
What will I be doing?
You'll be responsible for the delivery of a varied spectrum of complex and high value scheduling and planning competencies across assigned projects within the Cyber & Information area of the business:
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining summary level schedule reports; Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other program management tools used to support critical path analysis and earned value management
- Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events to help to troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems
- The delivery of complex project schedules using proprietary planning tools such as Microsoft Project and Acumen Fuse, reporting on trends, forecasts, project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
- You'll be responsible for the delivery of PMO based functions to a variety of projects, confidently presenting yourself in order to establish yourself within your team.
- Cultivating strong relationships with various stakeholders and leading discussions to effectively represent the business.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.