An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Scientist to work within the Scientific Services team in our laboratory at Henderson Drive, Inverness. The successful candidate will play a vital role ensuring that we are providing an excellent service to our customers
Working at Scottish Water
Scottish Water is one of the UKs leading water companies, the quality of drinking water and satisfaction with the service we provide our customers has never been higher - but we want to be even better – and you could help play an important part!
We are committed to creating an engaging environment and a positive experience for our employees and we have an inclusive and collaborative work environment. We were recently recognised by The Times as a Top 50 Employer for Women 2019, in 2017 we won the Diversity in the Public Sector Award 2017 (Herald and GenAnalytics) and the HR Network Award for Talent Management 2017. We also have Carers Positive Exemplary Status.
You will be entitled to a host of benefits which include 37 days holiday a year, a defined benefit pension scheme, discounted healthcare plus a variety of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
- To be part of a team within a multi-functional laboratory to deliver an excellent high quality service to Scottish Water and its customers.
- To comply with the requirements of the ISO17025, Drinking Water Testing Specifications (DWTS) and with the overall management system in operation.
- To carry out sample preparation, analysis and data reporting in accordance with procedures in place.
- To carry out daily laboratory quality control checks
- To carry out all tasks in a safe manner in compliance with all relevant health, safety & wellbeing policies and procedures.
- To suggest improvements to the way things are done and embed changes to help continually improve how we work.
- To prioritise workload to ensure the work is completed effectively and on time.
- To train colleagues to help promote and maintain their development.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a laboratory, educated to degree level in a science related discipline and be able to work flexibly to help ensure that the team are sufficiently resourced.
You will work full time hours of 37 hours per week. The laboratory is currently operating shift patterns that allow for safe distancing with shifts either 8am-4pm or 2pm-10pm.
The closing date for applications is 2nd October . For more information on this role, please contact: SWrecruitment@scottishwater.co.uk
Any offer of employment with Scottish Water will be subject to the successful completion of a mandatory pre-employment screening process, including Disclosure Scotland and eligibility to work in the UK. Details can be found on our website.
Recruitment process will follow current government guidance on social distancing.
Please note. Direct applications won't be considered. We are not in a position to accept emailed CV’s.