Join us as a Scrum Master
- We’re looking for an experienced Scrum Master who will launch and scrum a new cross discipline CTO Infrastructure feature team for one of the Customer Domains (within Retail, Corporate or NatWest Markets).
- You’ll make sure that your team lives by the values of Scrum, empowering them to become high performing to increase the productivity, transparency, frequency and quality of delivery
- Hone your project skills as you work with talented people in collaborative and innovative environment, with access to the bank's Agile community, experts and events
What you'll do
This role will see you coaching and guiding your team to perform at their highest level and at a sustainable pace. You’ll remove any impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, protect the team from outside influences or distractions and work with the product owner to make sure that the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as process owner for the team, and maintaining the relationship with the project's key stakeholders
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Encouraging the team to build relationships to promote internal and external communication, improving transparency, and sharing information with all interested parties
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of successful Scrum adoption along with a Scrum Master certification. You'll need knowledge of modern development practices and tools, such as extreme programming, test-driven development and continuous integration.
You’ll also need knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency, as well as experience of building a culture of transparency within feature teams by empowering individuals and inspiring a collaborative team performance.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience in building and running scrum teams
- Experience of using metrics to demonstrate performance of the team and highlight where regular incremental changes are have improved or reduced performance.
- An understanding of infrastructure technologies will be desirable.
- A formal qualification in agile or scrum is desirable
- An understanding and experience of applying empirical process control
- Strong knowledge of the Agile manifesto and its principles
- Experience of automated testing frameworks