We have provided Funeral Services to clients and families across Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire for over 90 years. We’ve invested £10million in the last 4 years, representing our ongoing commitment to our valued colleagues and the communities they serve.
As Sector Manager, you’ll manage the day-to-day operations and performance of your trading area (of around 11 branches and 20 colleagues), ensuring that we’re operating as effectively as possible and delivering exceptional standards and service to our clients.
Key to the service we provide is our skilled, engaged and diverse team – from our colleagues supporting clients in-branch and arranging funerals, to those attending and delivering the final, faultless service or tribute. You might not have managed large teams before, but you know how to motivate and coach others to achieve their full potential.
- Ensure the delivery of first-class customer service, high operational standards and compliance
- Engage and lead your team, ensuring they’re effectively trained, informed and supported
- Ensure your sector is efficiently structured and resourced to meet operational demands
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of your trading area (e.g. controlling costs)
- Prepare and present to the Area Manager the details of key issues and opportunities
- Ensure branches are engaging with their local communities (through supporting projects, charities and initiatives)
- Positively represent the East of England Co-op in the industry, your trading area and with other key stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
- Team leadership / supervisory skills or experience
- Knowledge of an operational, service-based business
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Commercially aware
- A confident decision-maker
- Driven, determined and resilient
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, effective with all stakeholders
- Good standard of Maths and English and IT competence (Microsoft and bespoke systems)
- Able to manage whilst under pressure, in a sensitive and multi-site environment
Whilst experience of the Funeral Service sector would be advantageous, this is not essential. We’re more than happy to offer the right person the guidance and support they’ll need to adapt, in return for their relevant skills and experience.
This role will require regular travel across our trading areas in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire. As such, the successful candidate will need to have a current valid driving license.
This role offers a competitive salary alongside a company car. Our colleagues also benefit from enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on the ‘Colleague Benefits’ section of our website.
You will also benefit from our award-winning training, helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we’ve supported lots of our colleagues with their personal and professional development.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities. We promote flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss different ways of working (please indicate your availability within your application).