Join us as a Security Assessment Analyst
- This is an opportunity to take on a technical role and make a tangible impact on our function
- You’ll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying seniority
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this critical, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Security Assessment Analyst, you’ll use in-depth information security experience to understand and advise on identifying and managing information security risks and mitigation in relation to technical infrastructure and applications. You’ll carry out and contribute to root cause analysis on security incidents and events, conduct training and scenario planning to prepare for and anticipate future events.
As well as this, you'll be collaborating with internal and external colleagues, specialists and stakeholders to make sure activities relating to incident response, user access, alert monitoring, root cause analysis and scenario planning are completed in line with standard operating procedures and to a high standard.
You’ll also be:
- Responding to queries and security events, making sure feedback loops are in place to improve our service and response
- Proactively identifying and managing risk escalation to deliver key security related customer and compliance outcomes
- Performing security risk assessment and security consultancy services on projects delivered globally by the bank
- Interrogating and interpreting large volumes of data and understanding the root cause of problems
- Providing security input to support major change programmes
- Supporting projects with security policy advice and guidance
- Creating and maintaining documentation, and supporting controls and quality assurance in line with the bank’s standards
The skills you'll need
You’ll need excellent communication skills both written and verbally, and the ability to translate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues. You should also have good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You’ll also need:
- In-depth security knowledge and experience
- Broad specialist level knowledge of security technology and IT infrastructure
- The ability to write technical issues in business terms
- Analytical skills with strong problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge and experience of the legal and regulatory environment
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team