We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Security Officer to join our team at Kings Mill Hospital, Mansfield Community Hospital & Newark Hospital.
Working as Security Officer your responsibilities will include assisting in maintaining an appropriate level of security and car parking with a view to protecting people and property and the prevention and detection of crime, in line with company and client procedures. Carrying out a variety of tasks associated with the delivery of a high quality and efficient Service.
It is essential that all applicants are customer driven & have excellent communication skills as you will be greeting, assisting and directing members of the public.
This role will involve working various locations, such as Kings Mill Hospital, Mansfield Community Hospital and Newark General Hospital, therefore applicants must have a full driving licence and access to their own transport.
A current SIA License with Door Supervisor badge is essential for this position. Job Description
- Exclusive offers on Perks at Working including, Discounts, Cinema Discount, Reloadable, Shopping Cards, Holiday Discounts and many more
- Development opportunities including funded apprenticeships
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Compass Pension Scheme
- Reward & recognition programme
The Ideal Candidate
- Maintain high profile internal and external patrols across the site. Activate or de-activate alarm systems. Ensure schedules of checks are followed and in accordance with Procedures.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all security requests, including when Trust staff are faced with violent or abusive patients, visitors or members of the public, through undertaking necessary restraint and control in a professional and legal manner.
- Complete daily reports of accidents or incidents following the agreed procedure, ensuring all necessary action is taken.
- Control and issue of Trust and Contractor Identification Badges, maintaining the ID Badge Database.
- Use of IT software in relation to security and car parking operations.
- Operation of closed circuit television surveillance in accordance with operational instructions and approved Code of Practice. (SIA licence approved).
- Receipt and administration of car park cash payments from both staff and public, following Trust and Medirest procedures for cash handling and transportation.
The ideal candidate must hold a valid door supervisor SIA Licence, along with the following:
Possess good IT skills.
The ability to communicate and work with patients, other members of staff and visitors to the hospital.
Ensure that information regarding patients, staff and visitors is secure and not to divulge personal details at any time or under any circumstances.
Understanding of a range of routine work procedures and protocols.
Understanding of relevant Manual Handling procedures and protocols.
Previous experience of working in a Security role would be an advantage. As the role is customer facing, you must have excellent customer service skills and have be comfortable when using verbal and none verbal communication skills. You must also be confident when dealing with members of the public in a sensitive manor. A flexible approach to working shifts is also essential. About The Company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.