Security Engineer (SPLUNK)
Would you like to play a key role in providing ongoing management and administration of IT Security solutions? We currently have a vacancy for a Security Engineer - SPLUNK at our site in Preston, Lancashire.
As a Security Engineer (SPLUNK), you will be reviewing and monitoring the lifecycle of the technology that underpins the security services, ensuring lifecycle policies are understood. You will be performing ongoing administration of the IT Security Technical Control Software solutions and services aligned to all relevant processes.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to Provide support to projects delivering and implementation of IT Security solutions.
Your main responsibilities as a Security Engineer - SPLUNK will involve:
- Documentation of the dashboard design including metric details and operational runbooks
- Collaboration with Splunk Operations and Service Owner teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement dashboards into test and production environments
- Reporting on the health of the estate
- Incident management
- Providing daily support to business functions and end-users
- Problem solving and resolution of issues with 3rd Parties
- Provide knowledge transfer to team personnel on Splunk solutions
- Analyze, architect, test and document deployment strategy of Splunk infrastructure
- Create programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists
Your skills and qualifications:
- Extensive experience working with Splunk in an engineering project capacity
- Must have relevant Splunk engineering experience in a enterprise organization
- Install, configure, and maintain the Splunk framework and associated product suites
- Experience in search, deployment and development, such as:Data normalisation (CIM) Building a series of interconnected dashboards / an entire app
- Familiar with all Microsoft Desktop and Server OS
- Implement, operate, and maintain network security devices
- Work with security engineering team to integrate new capabilities, plan life cycle replacements, and provide input into the security architecture roadmaps
- Knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Demonstrated, motivated self-starter able to work independently without direct supervision
- Transactions, and other complex search patterns / results
- Report acceleration, summary indexing, tstats, etc.
- Splunk reports / data outside of Splunk and into other tools
- Data input filtering with regex / configs
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a proactive individual that has the ability to work under your own initiative, the place holder will have a keen eye for detail with strong organisational skills. You will be a confident person working well both independently and collaboratively across internal and external stakeholders.
Location: Preston preferable - other UK wide locations considered
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 dependent on skills and experience
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
If you'd like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you.
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent - at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of the Shared Services team, you'll be at the heart of this endeavour - working closely with our air, maritime, land and cyber and intelligence businesses to support our customers around the world.
Join us and you'll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.
We recognise that an inclusive and diverse workplace - where all employees feel respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential - is vitally important. Not only does it inspire creativity and collaboration, it's good for business. We celebrate our differences and believe our diverse skills, abilities and perspectives strengthen our culture and our overall performance.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.