To support the service delivery of the COVID-19 testing sites, we are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Security Officers on site.
Security on this site will be responsible for assisting those attending the site to receive a test. From manning the entry gate and checking that entry requirements have been met, to providing live instructions to the service users.
You will provide a safe and secure environment in support of excellent people care and leaving people with a good impression of the security service. Officers will deploy a calm and reassuring presence and above all else, a professional and authoritative figure to all of those at site. As infection control is an extremely important factor on this site, Security will be helping to enforce the social distancing and PPE rules. Full training and PPE will be provided.
Please note, you must be available to work 12 hour day shifts, on a 4 days on 4 days off rota shift pattern.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications. Job Description
- Competitive hourly rate of £11 per hour
- Successful candidates will need to be available to start in role immediately
- Must be available to work 12 hour day shifts, on a 4 day on 4 day off rota shift pattern
- Must hold an existing SIA Licence
- This position is offered on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
The Ideal Candidate
- To be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful always whilst carrying out duties to the highest standard
- To maintain and endorse Government guidelines with reference to Covid19
- Provide assistance and ensure that site policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all site documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all security incidents and emergencies are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner and in accordance with site policy and procedure
- Liaise closely with statutory authorities dealing with incidents and to provision of information
- Diligent monitoring and completion of site records/reference material including H&S documents, Assignment Instructions, Incident Forms and Site Occurrence Book
- SIA Frontline Guarding License
- PC Literate with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience of time management
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company's standards, to the contract
- Have a sound knowledge of Security techniques
- Fully understands the Site and local Emergency procedures
- Understanding of the computer systems in operation within the security section
- Understanding of the CCTV system in operation
- Understanding of all alarm systems
- Understands the need to maintain diplomatic silence
- Always understands the need to display an official but courteous manner
About The Company
- Professional or further qualification in Security Operations
- Fire Warden
- Working Knowledge of BS7858:2013
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.