We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. Job Description
As & when required
Casual cover for sickness & holidays
Working either days 4.30am to 4.30pm or 430pm to 430am
Adequate rest time in between shifts Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Must comply with all Diageo and Sodexo policies at all times
- Greet customers in a pleasant professional manor and deliver professional and consistent service at all times
- Respond to email and telephone calls promptly and professionally
- Maintain accurate record of all security activities in DOB, shift handover documents
- Complete all documentation as requires such as key registers, search sheets, car key register etc.
- Flexible to cover both day and night shifts if required
- Flexible to work between the two Diageo sites 7HQ and Acton as required by the business
- Access control - ensure that only authorised personnel are granted access and issued with access cards
- Manage and audit the access control clearances on site for staff/visitors and contractors
- Those who are not authorised must obtain authorisation prior to access being granted.
- CCTV monitoring - in line with SIA licence regulations, GS policy and Data Protection Act
- Alarm monitoring - ensure that all alarms are responded to, investigated and recorded in line with Diageo policy
- Maintain radio communication with site team
- Key management in line with the Diageo policy
- Escalate all issues to the security manager when needed
- Perform desk drops when required to do so by the client
- Collect and safely store confidential waste when needed to do so
- Check all the fridge/freezers and escalate when the temperature is faulty
- Manage traffic flow safely and in line with the Diageo policies
- Manage the clients car park in line with the set process in place
- Setting up rooms for events as requested by the client
- Accepting deliveries, storing them appropriately and notifying the customer
- Signing in and site inducting contractors in line with Diageo H&S policies
- Conducting internal and external building patrols, ensuring there are no breaches on the premises
- Manage the Condeco booking system for car park and visitors
- Evacuate/Close down and reopen the building in line with Diageo policies when required (IDS management)
- Assist with any other duty as directed by management.
About The Company
- Must hold a valid SIA licence
- Good written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of word, excel and outlook
- Must be flexible to work days, nights and weekends
- Able to respond to all emergencies swiftly
- Ability to type up full and detailed incident reports
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland. Skills:
To deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company's standards, to the contract
SIA Licence holder
Have a sound knowledge of Security techniques
Fully understands the Site and local Emergency procedures.
Understanding of the computer systems in operation within the security section.
Understanding of the CCTV system in operation.
Understanding of all alarm systems.
Understands the need to maintain diplomatic silence.
Understands the need to display an official but courteous manner at all times.Qualifications:
SIA Badge Holder